Everyone at TEAM XBOX puts a lot of effort into delivering the games and features you’ve requested and voted for. Thanks to all of your suggestions, TEAM XBOX has 12 more ideas (with a total of 39,773 votes) lined up for future releases. We’ve now marked these ideas as “In Progress” along with the ideas that were included with the Xbox One Summer Update released to Xbox Preview participants last week.
Xbox One Features
Mike Ybarra took the stage to announce some highly anticipated features in the works for Xbox fans.
- Background Music
- Background Music is coming to Xbox One! Soon you will be able to play music while gaming without having to have an app snapped.
- No more region lock
- Your Xbox console's region will no longer force you to use the language most identified with that region! You'll be able to choose English or any other supported language for your console experience regardless of your console's region. This is available for Xbox Preview participants to test in the Xbox One Summer Update and you can read more here.
- Clubs let you and your friends plan, coordinate, and dominate the world-class online multiplayer on Xbox Live.
- Cross Buy X1 & Win10
- Xbox Play Anywhere ensures that when you purchase an XPA game for your Xbox One or PC, you'll be able to play on either platform, along with all of your achievements and saves.
The Xbox One SThe Xbox One S takes everything about the Xbox One experience and puts it in a lighter, leaner console.
- Slim Version Xbox
- The Xbox One S is 40% smaller and incorporates a built-in power supply as well as an IR blaster, making the new Xbox One S more capable than ever before! You can pre-order yours now at the Microsoft Store.
- 4K Blu-ray
- The Xbox One S will support the 4K Blu-ray standard, as well as HDR color!
- The Xbox One S will be able to play videos from apps like Netflix in full 4K resolution, as well as upscale your console experience to 4K UHD.
Accessory AnnouncementsThe Xbox Design Lab lets you customize your controller with both colors and engraving! Go to https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/ to personalize your own controller today.
- Customizable controllers
- You can now choose a variety of colors in over 8 million configurations.
- Engrave Gamertag
- The Xbox Design Lab allows you to enter a gamertag or any short phrase as part of the customization process.
GamesLots of games were announced at E3. One of the titles you’ve recently requested will be coming soon to Xbox One.
- Dead Rising 4
- Let the Slay Ride Begin! Dead Rising 4 was announced at the E3 press conference and will be available in time for Holiday 2016. You can find more information at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/dead-rising-4.
The Xbox App on iOS and AndroidOn iOS and Android devices, Xbox SmartGlass is now the Xbox app! The updates bring a fresh look along with new features we’re excited about.
- Added Trending content – Find out what's popular on Xbox Live
- The Xbox App now has a "Trending" section where you can see what your friends and the Xbox Community is interested in. You can find it in the main menu of the Xbox App on iOS or Android.
- Game Hubs – Game Hubs now added to Xbox app
- The Xbox App now includes game hubs for all your favorite titles! You can access the game hub for a game by tapping on the title while in the store, pins, or search sections of the Xbox App on iOS or Android.