Your Ideas In Action Spring 2017
Team Xbox has been developing the latest features for Xbox One based on your suggestions here on Xbox Feedback, and we've seen some great ideas get implemented over the last few months! As the Xbox Flight team launches our latest update, we thought now would be a good time to highlight some of the ideas that have been brought to Xbox this year thanks to the suggestions provided here on Xbox Feedback and the efforts of Team Xbox. Head over to Xbox Wire for even more features, such as highlighting streamers in a Club!
Announcing the Arena Category and Forum
Your Ideas at Xbox continue to expand as the capabilities of the Xbox grow! We've now added a category for "Arena" to the New Ideas section of Xbox Feedback. You can post new ideas using the Arena Category, and as your ideas earn votes, we'll move them to the Arena Forum on Xbox Feedback!
Arena on Xbox currently supports Killer Instinct for tournament play. The ESL app is also available on Xbox for games like World of Tanks. Users can receive notifications when their game is ready via their Xbox console, or via the Xbox App on Windows 10 or Xbox App on mobile devices. We look forward to hearing your great suggestions to make Arena the best experience for tournaments on console!
Accounts & Subscriptions
- Family Timer that Enables Play Limitations for Child Accounts
- Parents who have child accounts can now set limitations on screen time for Xbox One! When signed into your parent account, go to http://microsoft.com/family to view and set limits for any child accounts.
- Remove the 5 Minute Cap on Recording
- Users can now record up to 10 minutes at a time with the new improved GameDVR! While playing a game, press the Xbox button to bring up the Xbox Guide, then press the View button to see your recording options. Choose "Start Recording" and the GameDVR will record up to 10 minutes of gameplay.
Ease of Access
- Magnifier on Xbox One
- The Xbox One now supports magnification, and control of your game while magnification is turned on! You can also use a keyboard to enable magnification options, adjust focus, and more! Magnifier can be turned on by holding the Xbox button, then pressing the view button. You can find more details about how to enable and use magnifier here.
Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings
- Better HD Audio Support & Pass-Through for Bitsrteam
- Xbox One now offers the option to pass Blu-Ray audio via Bitstream directly to your receiver for decoding! This option supports DTS:X, Dolby ATMOS, and other HD Audio formats. You can turn this option on by going to Settings > Display & sound > Audio output and setting the Speaker audio to "Bitstream out"
- Dolby Atmos Support
- Xbox One now offers support for Dolby ATMOS! You can turn this option on by going to Settings > Display & sound > Audio output and setting the Speaker audio to "Bitstream out"
- Support for Captive Portals (Hotel Wi-Fi)
Parties & Multiplayer
- Parties Overlay Shows Who Is Talking
- When you join a party, the parties overlay will now show you who is speaking! Press the Xbox button to go to the quick menu, then go to the Parties section. Underneath your list of friends to invite, you'll see a switch to turn on Party overlay. After you turn Party overlay on, you'll choose a location for your overlay. Once completed, anyone talking in your party will appear in the overlay!