Friends, Messages, & Activity Feed

Here you can find ideas and feature requests that affect the social experience with friends, sending and receiving messages, and the Activity Feed.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Friends, Messages, & Activity Feed forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for managing friends, messaging, and the Activity Feed

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Friend Requests!

Have two separate options. One to follow someone and one to send actual friend request. It would be cool if we could get a notification when we receive friend requests too.

3,145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

147 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification When Friends Start Playing The Same Game (Beacons)

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas from Brin Zalazar, RenownedZ3r0, and others. Thanks everyone!]

2,614 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Appear offline to non-favorite friends

Sometimes it's nice to just play with certain friends (favorites) however sometimes other friends also want to play and will send invites to party & games. It would be nice to have an option to appear offline to those that aren't favorites as it's difficult to just remove them if you know them in real life.

2,375 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Find People Near Your Location

The only way to connect with someone is having a friend you know he has XBOX One. Why not enable us to see and find people near current location (GPS or i don't know, based on IP) and display these accounts. The only way to search just by Game tag is pathetic. Thanks.

2,305 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage Friends Using Groups

manage friends using groups.

Instead of just having followers / Friends / favourites we should be able to add custom groups/filters for friends.
    So we could group friends based on games, location, family or clans.

for example, I have recently added a few people to play on Froza 5.

if i've not played on forza for a couple of weeks i will have forgotten why I've added these people. but if I could group them id always know what game I've added them for.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from AJ west, xDaNGLeSx x13x and others.…

1,907 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Friends: The games where we met tags

This is something that I (along with a lot of my online friends) think MUST happen! This new feature should be applied to each & every friend on your friend/followed list.

If you could add an option (nothing fancy) that allows you have a tag to say where you met one of your online friends, it would be the best thing ever! For example - I've made a lot of online friends that I've played with, but I don't remember who helped me in Destiny, or GTA or whichever. Adding an option that allows me to see that I met…

1,444 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use a symbol to show whether a friend has Gold

A Symbol on our friends profiles that indicated if they currently have Xbox Live and is available to chat and play
    It is really annoying if you don't know that they can't join because they don't have gold

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Friend Gold Symbol."]

954 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable Followers From Following

Allow an option for disabling followers from following you. No one wants to sign online, and have someone they don't know join your in game session, see your stats, and know your every single move. We have the ability to add friends, now we need the ability to "disable followers"

878 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Appear Offline work the way it did on Xbox 360

On the Xbox 360, it's impossible to tell when a person is appearing offline because it actually showed how long the person been "offline."
    However, on the Xbox One, its obvious you're appearing offline because it says 'Offline' besides your gamertag and that sucks if you're trying to hide from someone lol. Give us back that little 360 feature

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Why is it obvious that I'm appearing offline?" in order to clarify that the idea is to make the Appear Offline feature work more like a similar feature seen on the Xbox 360.]

779 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to disable Suggested New Friends

Can this be removed please. I feel like this is a waste of space and honestly do not see any use for it. I could see if this was a social network and people wanted to see suggested new friends. But I don't think everyone will grow fond of random people hitting them up and possibly annoying them due to the suggested friends update. If not removed can we have an option under settings to come up as incognito for suggested friends please thank you.

547 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add PlayStation friends on Xbox One

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Can we have PlayStation friends."]

540 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. An option to invite all Followers to game

pretty much as it says, as somebody who has a fair few followers it would be nice to be able to go to my followers in sidebar and press one button that will invite them all to my game

538 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Blocking Option

we need desperately need a blocking option from people being able to follow other people on there profile me being a girl it would really help from stalkers and xbox one suppose to be about having fun and playing games not to deal with other players harassing SO PLEASE ADD THIS!!

519 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Increase the Friend limit from 1060 to 2000

While not everyone will befriend 2000 people, this should be an option for anyone that's very social on Xbox's One social network. One that would help the users gain more followers and keep in contact/up to date with more Xbox members.

389 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Redesign the new Xbox One 'Friends' dashboard.

Please redesign the new XB1 Friends dash. It is visually a mess - too cluttered - and offers no social functionality we want to use such as friend messaging, party joining\inviting, changing our online\offline status, viewing and commenting on feed posts etc.

Suggestion: Replace the "What games are popular with friends" section with rotating posts from our Friends Feed; allowing us to interact with each post, before they refresh. Also reduce the size of the Leaderboards table ... it doesn't need to be so big.

289 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove friends who Remove me

There should be an option for this.
    Im not going so far as to ask for notification for this (everyone knows how much drama will ensue)
    But I think the friends list would be a little more manageable if it could remove certain people from my list should they remove me.

280 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. See friends wallpapers instead of colours when viewing profile.

This will be pretty cool, I mean sure the colours thing works but it's kind of lame, I think seeing what people have as their profile bakcground would be much more interesting and unique compared to the 6 colours we can choose from.

272 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide select friends user activity on your feed.

I want to be able to hide/block activity from some of my friends, or only show favorited friends activity in my feed. Activity I care about gets drowned by friends activity I don't care to much about.

259 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it so friends on Xbox one show up on Xbox 360

Make it show your friends from Xbox one show up on Xbox 360.

240 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option for a list of deleted friends

Make a view deleted friends and friends that deleted you option for friends that you had a long time ago so you can add the back again and make it update their gamertag if they changed it

236 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Friends, Messages, & Activity Feed

Feedback and Knowledge Base