Find ideas for managing friends, messaging, and the Activity Feed

Add birthdays to the activity feed

Wouldn't it be awesome to get on xbox and your feed showed you who's birthday is today on your friends list if they so choose to have it shown? Maybe even add a feature where you can send them a xbox gift card or game?

4,160 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

That505Guy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WinyTuna1988466 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And there should be a way to play games with friends who are playing an Xbox 360 game on Xbox One, even if that game is One licensed, for example (Dead Rising) this should go for joining random matches, etc.

• WinyTuna1988466 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohh yes and you should be able to accept friend requests on Xbox One, friend requests that get sent on a 360. That's something that needs to occur too.

• bowski477 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this however it should be an opt-in option. Similar to sharing your real name.

• Ariella Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a violation of a person privacy rights and just because you want people to know when your birthday is so you can try to scam a gift from them doesnt mean thats what everyone else wants. Making suggestions like this for selfish gains is foolish and will end badly. People already abuse the Activity feed so what makes you think they wont abuse this and start stealing peoples accounts because they know your birthday. Trust me a good hacker can get your account with just a birthdate. This is a bad idea and i hope that microsoft continues to honor a person right to privacy and never puts this feature into the console.

• Musikfreak007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would cool to combine this with digital gifting and even cooler if on someone's birthday, getting them a game was like 10% off or something like that (if it already isn't on sale that week).
    That would be a fun way to encourage gifts and fun in the xbox community while also allowing Microsoft to profit from implementing the feature.

• HaggisHelper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you say, Stalker... If there is an option to display my BDay it won't be used. My real name is not used and I certainly don't want any other personal information displayed for others to steal, exploit or use for malicious purposes.

• AniqueDragon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It Sound's like a really good idea, but it might be not really personal information, but besides that yeah sound like a great idea.

• LegoNinja187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a good idea, although should be optional to share this info due to it being personal info.

• Tcampbief1608 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really cool to see people's birthdays but there is one con: you could be friends with a hacker/stalker

• myuumin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a nice idea, but I think it should be optional. I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing my personal info with xbox friends, because not all of them are actual friends.

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base