Find ideas for managing friends, messaging, and the Activity Feed

Disable Followers From Following

Allow an option for disabling followers from following you. No one wants to sign online, and have someone they don't know join your in game session, see your stats, and know your every single move. We have the ability to add friends, now we need the ability to "disable followers"

878 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

x I AM QUEEN x shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GKing2002 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very selective of who I want on my friends list. I don't want random people following me. I mean there is a guy who is cyberstalking me. He constantly makes fake accounts to try and harrass me. Bring friend requests back!

• CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Elizabeth. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• MissBehaving x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just change your settings to appear online to friends only, so people who you don't follow won't see your online status nor your info if you have your correct settings. Problem solved.

• Mafiosi RD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The followers idea is just as ridiculous as the always online Xbox one that wouldn't allow used games. I bet the same staffer that said internet was as ubiquitous as electricity after e3 2016 had something to do with the followers idea. They always have to mess with things that work fine, like friend requests. We'll never get this because Xbox would have to admit it was a stupid idea to allow stalkers on their console.

• Bleus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no good reason whatsoever to *compel* us to participate in this insipid idea! There should *definitely* be a PRIVACY option to FULLY-DISABLE the Followers "feature" (bug!)

The *ONLY* people that I want on my Friends list are some of MY *ACTUAL* FRIENDS, and nobody *ELSE*!

PERIOD!

I *PAY* for this service, and I DO NOT WANT to have ANYTHING to do with this asinine ***, so FFS, allow me to get rid of it!

• twztid13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The followers idea is just as ridiculous as the always online Xbox one that wouldn't allow used games. I bet the same staffer that said internet was as ubiquitous as electricity after e3 2015 had something to do with the followers idea. They always have to mess with things that work fine, like friend requests. We'll never get this because Xbox would have to admit it was a stupid idea to allow stalkers on their console.

• Meleana66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They really need to change the follow option! On the 360 we were able to accept or decline friend requests. What happened to that ability? This isn't Facebook or Twitter! I don't want followers or stalkers. I am very selective with my friends.

• WolfLord82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last few weeks I have suddenly started having this problem too. Random new accounts that have 0 gamer score and nothing in their activity feeds but them adding loads of people. I'm blocking them now straight off the bat, but I also want to report them. There is no option though for reporting them as 'potential spammer' so I'm at a loss at what more I could do. If anyone reading this knows what I should report them under, please comment.

• EverStoned77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with the bunch of 0G's phising lately I'm amazed something like this hasn't been implemented,I sure as fudge ain't gonna accept a friend request from a profile so new it's still steaming,have 0-900 Gs but just added 600 friends

• Roland Nijveld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years after the request and still nothing. Have not many hope this gets solved. Hate the random people adding me. Most of them have 0 GS.

• danj2k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just had some random person follow me and googled how to turn followers off only to come across this page. There should definitely be a privacy setting allowing you to disable this function.

• Chargoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the followers list either I'd much rather have control over who is seeing what I'm doing and if I'm online. Most of the time I'm getting friended and invited by people I didn't like. I understand that some streamers probably want a followers list but for average users why not have the option to turn it off? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's being spammed by dummy accounts that are just phishing.

• EVRYTHG IS AWSM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of all that is holy, why are you letting total strangers whom I've never played with to follow my every move?

• Lyricx93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a god damn request system in place ASAFP. I'm sick and tired of random people adding me and spamming me with messages and invites. I have to waste around 45 minutes of my life each week removing/blocking people who follow me around and spam the absolute *** out of me. All i want to do is play games with my friends and not have to worry about getting spammed while playing. I'm all for making new friends but I'd like to actually decide who goes on my friends list and whose i go on for myself after i talk/play with them. Make friend requests a thing again for god sake... It's beyond taking the *** at this point...

• Strawwberi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting seriously tired of people adding me and talking to me randomly. Im getting harassed and its really frustrating me. Please, give us an option to deny followers.

• Ariella Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this. I keep getting invites from random people and when i ask who they are they say im on their friendslist. Honestly i would love to disable it or be able to remove them all. Its just unecessary clutter for a gamer.

• Shifter0351 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So annoying I have to go and manull block a bunch of streamers who follow me to boost their numbers... I am a private person and this really bugs me.

• xTERM1N4T1ON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know because i got spammed by a persons entire friends list so i changed my privacy setting for the rest of the day and blocked each person individually before changing my settings back and streaming again. Lol some ppl on gta take everything too serious. Get the ingame friends mafia to spam ur inbox for no reason other than trying to annoy you to just turn off the xbox. Fastest solution is privacy settings.

• xTERM1N4T1ON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Privacy setting already allow you to prevent that from happening. U can block everyone from veiwing your content or profile or whatever your doing, or u can set to friends only or allow everyone on internet.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base