Find ideas for managing friends, messaging, and the Activity Feed

Friend Requests!

Have two separate options. One to follow someone and one to send actual friend request. It would be cool if we could get a notification when we receive friend requests too.

3,145 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CHRISTAFUZZ95 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Elizabeth. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• KiethBlackLion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can add me to the list of players who would like to have some sort of accept/decline system for followers.

• MissBehaving x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree there should be a separate follow and friend REQUEST system. For those complaining about being in random people's list and getting messages you can easily change your settings to appear online visible to friends, and receive messages from friends only. There, problem solved.

• Bleus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is beyond absurd to realise that I have no ability WHATSOEVER to constrain ANYONE from adding themselves to my Friends list!

WHAT THE EVER LIVING F--K!!?!?!?!!!?!?!

Here's a clue for you gawdamned morons -- *I*, as in *ME*, as in, the OWNER of this PAID-UP *SUBSCRIPTION* account, am THE *ONLY* PERSON ON EARTH who's qualified to determine WHO MY FRIENDS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY ELSE should be able to do anything more than ASK ME for the privilege of getting onto that list, and I should have the INHERENT ABILITY TO SAY **NO** BEFORE you dumb arseholes just stick them there without even notifying me of the gawdamned REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS someone with a brain and an iota of common effing sense needs to fix this obscene oversight ASAP!

• Raremind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having and allowing people to just add you as a friend without confirmation or acceptance of the friend add is down right a complete invasion of privacy. There are FCC rules that protect us from these types of things, such as unlisted phone numbers. I want to decide who get to add me as a friend. I am inundated with friends that follow me that I have no clue who they are and I do not play enough to even know that this is happening. I can feel a class action lawsuit coming on this.

• SuperSpartan312 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They don't. They had it on the Xbox 360, but no longer on the Xbox One. I swear, Xbox One may have been quite some steps forward, but also a few backward.

• J MA5TA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to make another point. Xbox One X will be here Nov. 7th. Some people are getting reluctant to buy one because of the announcments that games will run in naive 4k etc. etc. Phil's constant dismissal of the importance of FPS (frames per second) within games has made some of us question how much you actually game Phil. Love ya to death buddy but pay attention...You're in management now. We took a big hit from the Xbox One launch and still to a degree feeling the bumps from it. And yes I said we (Loyal Xbox Gamer) Let's not stunt the potential growth of the new system before it gets here. Listen to those of us who have been here since Grandpa Xbox (The Xbox) came out. Hook us up buddy we'll keep lovin ya for it. FYI....I've converted give or take 30+ (I don't really keep track) people to join the Xbox community. Doesn't seem like much but considering I'm surely not the only one, I think small already been tested and suceeded features like friends request could and should be implemented ASAP. It's a no brainer Phil. You can do it buddy. You da man. Now back to our regularly scheduled programs...Again.

P.S.

Sorry for the long wind. Flaustration kicked in after yet another block fest today. Just sayin Phil!!!

Guess what, this afternoon I just got added by a BOT! I got added by one of those bots like in Skype that attempt to scam people but on Xbox! I mean, this is beyond stupidity now. I can't do anything about that! Bull-f***ing-s***!

• MIICROSOFTSUX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more with this! We should be allowed to hve friends based on our discretion aka no one should be able to just add you as a friend. This makes the entire privacy option point less to set to friends when anyone can add you as a friend without your ability to accept or decline.

• Lyricx93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a god damn request system in place ASAFP. I'm sick and tired of random people adding me and spamming me with messages and invites. I have to waste around 45 minutes of my life each week removing/blocking people who follow me around and spam the absolute *** out of me. All i want to do is play games with my friends and not have to worry about getting spammed while playing. I'm all for making new friends but I'd like to actually decide who goes on my friends list and whose i go on for myself after i talk/play with them. Make friend requests a thing again for god sake... It's beyond taking the *** at this point...

• J MA5TA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you can see, there are thousands of people posting here to have a friends request system implemented. It gets extremely flustrating to have to go on a freakin block fest on a daily basis dealing with random people spamming you with advertisements for their channels and bogus code giveaways. Not to mention (although countless people keep mentioning it here) the random people sending you invites for games you don't even own. People you've never met. Here's an idea for you...Maybe start adding features that we the people who spend our hard earned cash on your products and services actually want. It's not rocket science and the continueous pretty pleases are getting old. On a side note...Ever think that maybe when you ignore the people who buy your products get fed up, they start getting ideas in their head like...Old I don't know....I think I'll buy a Playstation instead? Just sayin. Thank you and now back to our regularly scheduled programs....

True that, to begin with no girl that I've seen adds someone for no reason and gives their age and stuff, that's obviously trolls. That's why I'd like to have a way to not let them add me.
    @KeptDragoon6807 I honestly don't think Microsoft is gonna do much more with the 360 anymore, especially since back compat it looks like they're done with the 360, sorry.

• Jay Pizzle69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started recently getting people adding me I don't know saying *** like I'm a 22yr old female and just got done playing darksouls, but I checked persons achievements and it says has not played any games yet lol obviously somethings up with that BS

• KeptDragoon6807 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is somebody that I want to add but it keeps giving me errors that his friend list is full I hope You update the Xbox 360 like Xbox 1 to have 1000 friends list

Thank You.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base