Find ideas for managing friends, messaging, and the Activity Feed

Friend Requests!

Have two separate options. One to follow someone and one to send actual friend request. It would be cool if we could get a notification when we receive friend requests too.

3,413 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CHRISTAFUZZ95 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ShrewdBurrito73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ممنوع السرقة
    لا شتم
    يسمح المقالب ولكن بتعويض
    ممنوع التخريب
    محترف ماين كرافت

• LaBellaJacks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Jan. 11, I had 160 followers, an ordinary amount I've had for years. Today, Jan. 14, I am currently at 930 followers and this number continues to grow. I am not a famous gamer and I definitely do not deserve these followings. Most of which, the profiles indicate I am their only friend. I receive over a 100 notifications a day and am spammed with gaming and party invites. I believe that disabling followers in general should be an option, especially for parents trying to keep their children's privacy. I believe that a better way of doing this for the entire community would be to have "friend requests" again, which was seen on the xbox 360. Though, in cases like mine, I would hope there wouldn't be an excess of requests which need to be declined over and over. I have talked to the xbox support team and they told me that my only option is to block over 800 people individually until the xbox team gives us a setting to change this. I hope the xbox team considers this disable option and makes it viable soon, as well as figuring out why several accounts (including mine as well as some of the comments posted below) are receiving hundreds of followers for no reason. Two separate issues that must be addressed ASAP, please. There should definitely not be a limit to friends either. If someone wants 1000 friends, let them. Our subscriptions should not limit us, but should not also allow anyone to see our activity without our permission.

• SuperSpartan312 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't feel like going back to 100 friends is needed. Let people add as many as they want. Just don't allow then to add you if you don't want them to. Famous streamers and Youtubers benefit from letting people freely add them to be followed better and let their followers know what they're up to, but normal players could do better with just the classic friend request system. So having the ability to choose to allow people to add you or have them send you a friend request first would be the best choice.

• WinyTuna1988466 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think just Friend Request is good enough. And honestly 1,000 friends is way too many. Go back to the 100 limit!!!!

• KiethBlackLion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can add me to the list of players who would like to have some sort of accept/decline system for followers.

• MissBehaving x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree there should be a separate follow and friend REQUEST system. For those complaining about being in random people's list and getting messages you can easily change your settings to appear online visible to friends, and receive messages from friends only. There, problem solved.

• Bleus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is beyond absurd to realise that I have no ability WHATSOEVER to constrain ANYONE from adding themselves to my Friends list!

WHAT THE EVER LIVING F--K!!?!?!?!!!?!?!

Here's a clue for you gawdamned morons -- *I*, as in *ME*, as in, the OWNER of this PAID-UP *SUBSCRIPTION* account, am THE *ONLY* PERSON ON EARTH who's qualified to determine WHO MY FRIENDS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY ELSE should be able to do anything more than ASK ME for the privilege of getting onto that list, and I should have the INHERENT ABILITY TO SAY **NO** BEFORE you dumb arseholes just stick them there without even notifying me of the gawdamned REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS someone with a brain and an iota of common effing sense needs to fix this obscene oversight ASAP!

• Raremind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having and allowing people to just add you as a friend without confirmation or acceptance of the friend add is down right a complete invasion of privacy. There are FCC rules that protect us from these types of things, such as unlisted phone numbers. I want to decide who get to add me as a friend. I am inundated with friends that follow me that I have no clue who they are and I do not play enough to even know that this is happening. I can feel a class action lawsuit coming on this.

They don't. They had it on the Xbox 360, but no longer on the Xbox One. I swear, Xbox One may have been quite some steps forward, but also a few backward.

• J MA5TA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to make another point. Xbox One X will be here Nov. 7th. Some people are getting reluctant to buy one because of the announcments that games will run in naive 4k etc. etc. Phil's constant dismissal of the importance of FPS (frames per second) within games has made some of us question how much you actually game Phil. Love ya to death buddy but pay attention...You're in management now. We took a big hit from the Xbox One launch and still to a degree feeling the bumps from it. And yes I said we (Loyal Xbox Gamer) Let's not stunt the potential growth of the new system before it gets here. Listen to those of us who have been here since Grandpa Xbox (The Xbox) came out. Hook us up buddy we'll keep lovin ya for it. FYI....I've converted give or take 30+ (I don't really keep track) people to join the Xbox community. Doesn't seem like much but considering I'm surely not the only one, I think small already been tested and suceeded features like friends request could and should be implemented ASAP. It's a no brainer Phil. You can do it buddy. You da man. Now back to our regularly scheduled programs...Again.

P.S.

Sorry for the long wind. Flaustration kicked in after yet another block fest today. Just sayin Phil!!!

Guess what, this afternoon I just got added by a BOT! I got added by one of those bots like in Skype that attempt to scam people but on Xbox! I mean, this is beyond stupidity now. I can't do anything about that! Bull-f***ing-s***!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base