Find ideas for managing friends, messaging, and the Activity Feed

Notification When Friends Start Playing The Same Game (Beacons)

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas from Brin Zalazar, RenownedZ3r0, and others. Thanks everyone!]

2,617 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

stoned reaper80 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ONEEYEDKILLAh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If ever added a way to turn on and off would of course be ideal for those sessions you don't want constant pop ups.

• SaschaAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

only if I can customize it. I do not want to get spammed by it. if a game isn't even multiplayer, what do I care? friends only(not if I or the other just follow). favorites only. stuff like that, I want to have proper settings or I do not want it at all.

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is good idea. We can access friend list via Xbox Guide menu but because there are too many friends it is hard to find friends playing particular games.

• Darkhawk Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a good idea for Xbox One. I think it got a bad name on the Xbox 360 because notifications would come for games that people owned but weren't playing at that moment (especially Minecraft) and that was annoying. But it could be updated to work more efficiently on Xbox One.

• Ecstasy of EK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the becon concept from the 360. So when anyone on your friends list is playing the same game it tells you "Hey, this guy may want to play since we are on the same game."

• AQUA Zelot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved the beacon feature on xbox 360, very sad when I saw the xbox one did not have the feature. The beacon is very useful on the xbox.

• Isaiah12Ruffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea was used on Xbox 360 and was popular until it was gone. Xbox, please bring this feature back to Xbox One.

• Spahgetty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature that allows us to know when someone on our friends list starts playing the same game as us would be great I think. :)

• IV Supernaut IV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like it to be like xbox360 where when i log onto a game or while i am playing a game i can see if a friend is playing the same game.

• BOOKER B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea is if you are playing a game and a friend comes on line and starts to play the same game an automatic friend party/game invite gets sent out but only if you set it in the first place as this will save time especially if your in the middle of a game but have this setting for ether every time you turn on you xbox one but its compleatly optional thou so even if a automatic invite gets sent to me if iv set it to yes il ether jump in to that lobby or party chat with out needing to do anything

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base