Friends, Messages, & Activity Feed

Here you can find ideas and feature requests that affect the social experience with friends, sending and receiving messages, and the Activity Feed.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Friends, Messages, & Activity Feed forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for managing friends, messaging, and the Activity Feed

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add birthdays to the activity feed

Wouldn't it be awesome to get on xbox and your feed showed you who's birthday is today on your friends list if they so choose to have it shown? Maybe even add a feature where you can send them a xbox gift card or game?

3,702 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

54 comments  ·  Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Friend Requests!

Have two separate options. One to follow someone and one to send actual friend request. It would be cool if we could get a notification when we receive friend requests too.

2,823 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notification When Friends Start Playing The Same Game (Beacons)

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas from Brin Zalazar, RenownedZ3r0, and others. Thanks everyone!]

2,335 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Appear offline to non-favorite friends

Sometimes it's nice to just play with certain friends (favorites) however sometimes other friends also want to play and will send invites to party & games. It would be nice to have an option to appear offline to those that aren't favorites as it's difficult to just remove them if you know them in real life.

2,128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Find People Near Your Location

The only way to connect with someone is having a friend you know he has XBOX One. Why not enable us to see and find people near current location (GPS or i don't know, based on IP) and display these accounts. The only way to search just by Game tag is pathetic. Thanks.

2,066 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Manage Friends Using Groups

manage friends using groups.

Instead of just having followers / Friends / favourites we should be able to add custom groups/filters for friends.
    So we could group friends based on games, location, family or clans.

for example, I have recently added a few people to play on Froza 5.

if i've not played on forza for a couple of weeks i will have forgotten why I've added these people. but if I could group them id always know what game I've added them for.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from AJ west, xDaNGLeSx x13x and others.…

1,779 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upgrade Message Limit From 250 Characters To 500 Characters

Upgrade the Message limit on the Xbox One to 500 characters a message. When having to message a paragraph to friends, you have to send multiple messages in order to do so. Rather it be talking to a friend, or sending clan updates, 250 characters can fall short. With the power of the Xbox One and over 300 000 dedicated servers, this should be possible on the so called "next generation platform". Its a small feature that the 360 may have not been able to handle, however the Xbox One most definetely can. Don't let the 360 hold us back.

1,686 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Friends: The games where we met tags

This is something that I (along with a lot of my online friends) think MUST happen! This new feature should be applied to each & every friend on your friend/followed list.

If you could add an option (nothing fancy) that allows you have a tag to say where you met one of your online friends, it would be the best thing ever! For example - I've made a lot of online friends that I've played with, but I don't remember who helped me in Destiny, or GTA or whichever. Adding an option that allows me to see that I met…

1,338 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How to stop spam? Users with 0 Gamerscore are not allowed to send messages on Xbox One

Lately Xbox users receiveing too many SPAM, like "WIN iPad, iPhone, Xbox, etc.. go to this URL to win blaah blaah".

This is kind of annoying now. Because you can REPORT about these spammers, and block them. But next week they make new user and start spamming again. It's almost impossible to block them, but Microsoft can make these spammers life harder.

One very simple solution how to do that is adding new rule, that everyone who have gamerscore 0 or less than 500 can not send messages. And with gamerscore less than 1000 they can not add links/URLS in…

1,224 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a Dislike Button to The Activity Feed

I think it would be really helpful with a dislike button for posts, Video Clips and Screenshots so we can voice our opinions without commenting because we voice our opinion and they end up blocking us and deleting our comment and i thought it would be helpful with a dislike button probably in shape of a broken heart or thumbs down

1,105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox Live Social Network

A social network of Xbox Live, like a Miiverse, that would be great and fun. Besides the interaction between users, posting images and videos would be gladly, in addition to be a great attraction to head-to-head with the competition. :)

859 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Users to send photos and video messages with Kinect.

Let gamers send and receive photos and video messages, and post them onto the xbox activity feed so players can comment, like, and share
    photos.

772 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use a symbol to show whether a friend has Gold

A Symbol on our friends profiles that indicated if they currently have Xbox Live and is available to chat and play
    It is really annoying if you don't know that they can't join because they don't have gold

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Friend Gold Symbol."]

770 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable Followers From Following

Allow an option for disabling followers from following you. No one wants to sign online, and have someone they don't know join your in game session, see your stats, and know your every single move. We have the ability to add friends, now we need the ability to "disable followers"

735 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mark whether a message has been viewed by its recipient

When we send someone a message, and they haven't read it yet, let us know by putting a RED mark on it. And when they do read it, let us know by putting a GREEN mark on it.

And I be sharing clips with friends, and I be wondering if they have seen it yet. Y'all can let us know by putting a RED mark if they haven't seen it; and putting a GREEN mark if they have seen it. I don't like sending them a message the next day, asking "Have you saw my video yet?" Y'all can let…

699 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Appear Offline work the way it did on Xbox 360

On the Xbox 360, it's impossible to tell when a person is appearing offline because it actually showed how long the person been "offline."
    However, on the Xbox One, its obvious you're appearing offline because it says 'Offline' besides your gamertag and that sucks if you're trying to hide from someone lol. Give us back that little 360 feature

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Why is it obvious that I'm appearing offline?" in order to clarify that the idea is to make the Appear Offline feature work more like a similar feature seen on the Xbox 360.]

669 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to delete all messages

Only a small request. Please let us have the ability to delete ALL messages instead of one at a time. Apart from that... great console :-)

616 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. An option to invite all Followers to game

pretty much as it says, as somebody who has a fair few followers it would be nice to be able to go to my followers in sidebar and press one button that will invite them all to my game

499 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add PlayStation friends on Xbox One

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Can we have PlayStation friends."]

469 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Blocking Option

we need desperately need a blocking option from people being able to follow other people on there profile me being a girl it would really help from stalkers and xbox one suppose to be about having fun and playing games not to deal with other players harassing SO PLEASE ADD THIS!!

445 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Friends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Friends, Messages, & Activity Feed

Feedback and Knowledge Base