Find ideas for Clubs and LFG

Option for Owner to change Club default Public/Private/Hidden

Admins should be able to change the Public/Private/Hidden status of their own Clubs. In the instance that an admin wants to change an existing club from Hidden to Public or Private, perhaps all posts are deleted and it starts fresh, then when members go to club there will be a highly visible warning/notification of the status change, that would affect the visibility of their posts, allowing them to decide for themselves if they wish to leave or remain in that Club. Otherwise, admins should freely be able to change it, just as we can in any other forum. A 7 day wait, as is imposed at this time when deleting a Club, would be preferable to not having the option at all.

209 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AddiCt3d 2CHa0s shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ke7zum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a member of the insider's program, (not that that means much) but I created a club called "all about killer instinct" and want it now to be public. It is starting to take off, but having this public would be a nice option. Maybe they could have it where you change status only a certain number of times a year so as not to confuse those in the club and to preent abuse? Thoughts? As a designer that idea makes sence to me.

• Prince of Evil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got off with chat support about this issue. It seems like the Team over at Xbox are well aware of this issue, and are "supposedly" working on a fix to this. I doubt it will be a speedy update. Here's to hoping though. Having to delete your club to change a option should not have to happen.

With this being such a basic feature I'm just very surprised how this wasn't added from the get go.

I created Cucco Revenge Squad in "Hidden" until a previous public club was deleted. I was under the assumption that after "that" club had been deleted I would be granted a option to turn the Hidden Club into a Public one.

I guess this was never thought of or was, and when the Clubs launched it was left out.

• SXFoxstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our club was set up as hidden so as not to offend another club we had left. Time has now passed and we want to recruit more people but due to the fact the club is still hidden it makes it more difficult.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you even need to delete the existing posts? I think that just being able to change the status would be enough.

• DragunFly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible for Support to do a one time change, taking a Club from 'Hidden' to 'Public'?

• VISUAL Mazzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had someone steal a club from me due to trying to change the club when I deleted it then tried remaking it.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base