Find ideas for Clubs and LFG

Turn off club invites

Please implement the ability to turn off club invites. This is turning into spam, people that I don't follow and they don't follow me are sending me random club invites

All these clubs have only about 6 people in it not that that's relevant but just saying.

Anyway I wish there was a way to turn off club invites within certain parameters, for example, people that you're not following can't invite you to a club

131 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FearedNightmare shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Goff Rules commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can tolerate suggestions for clubs for games but I just got served up one for some political garbage. That is the last thing I want to see when I want to relax and game. Either screen the clubs for non-game content or let us turn them off.

• BlitherMusic197 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $12,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal.

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: welighntonhacker@gmail.com

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Software's worth $200 USD creates a card limit of $12,500 USD
    Software's worth $550 USD creates a card limit of $24,950 USD
    Software's worth $2,350 USD creates a card limit of $49,000 USD
    Software's worth $3,000 USD creates a card limit of $75,400 USD
    Software's worth $7,359 USD creates a card limit of $99,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

Order now: contact us via
    email address:: welighntonhacker@gmail.com
    d

• Righteous Nixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to disagree on this one. I started clubs whose aim was quality over quanity and the best way to find members is searching other clubs and inviting members who have some really good screenshot skills. Its the only way to get members with private clubs. Limiting it to just freinds would be a terrible idea as how do you know if people's freinds are even into screenshots? I know about 75% of my freinds dont take any screenshots at all as so limiting me to my friends list would mean my private clubs would have about 25 memebers and I would have no way of getting new ones.

I get spammed with club invites all the time as I'm a professional photographer so I take pretty good screen shots, not to toot my own horn. Modern games have basically become like photographic simulators so someone that has a good eye or is good at photography will wind up taking good screenshots. And it only takes a few minutes every couple weeks to go in and delete your club invites your not interested in. Deleing clubs your not interested in is just not a big issue at all yet getting rid of the ability to invite people that your not friends with would SERIOUSLY impede clubs starting out and private clubs and that is not always an option (Private vs public) since MS only allows 2 public clubs. And at least 90% of the people I have invited into my clubs were grateful for the invite and accepted. Again, you get rid of this mechanism and limit it to just friends and you literally ruin the club scene. It would basically turn the club scene into what we see with the modern corporate sector. All the big clubs would do very well and the smalled clubs or private clubs would basically fail. There is no way smaller clubs or prvate clubs could get off the ground without being able to invite people that aren't on their freinds list, not unless your joe popular and have 5000-10,000 freinds you could choose from.

Again, just a terrible idea that would severly change the entire club structure, and NOT in a good way. Again larger clubs would dominate even more so then they do now (and I hate the larger clubs myself as 90% of the posts are mediocre, messages, achievement posts etc.) and smaller clubs and private clubs would have very little chance of succeeding, especially private clubs since those clubs dont even show up when people do searches for clubs. How do you expect private club owners to get members if they can't invite people except if their on thier freinds list?

Taking a couple minutes every few weeks to clear out your club invites is just not a big deal at all, its really not. Changing the entire club structure because a few members can't be bothered to take the couple minutes it takes to delete the club invites their not interested in makes no sense to me at all. My clubs, which have been up and running for around 4 months now are doing very well and 95% of my members were gotten by sending people I didn't know invites. So literally my clubs woudn't exist if this rule was put into play. Honestly, limiting invites to freinds lists only is one of the worst idea's I have seen on XBox Feedback to date. I reallt dont think you realize what it would do to the club scene. 90% of them would go under and the chances of any new clubs becoming sucessful would be next to impossible.

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been implemented from the start. The club invites should be sent only by friends

• Beezus317 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's terrible I've been signed on for 10 minutes and have been inundated with spam like requests to join clubs I couldn't be less interested in

• ItsLC Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely could do with options like only get invites from friends
    as im getting them daily lol

• Guidoncio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually needs a better management. Just add the option to customize what the gamers wants. Like turn off clubs, notifications, recuse invites on invites (already has an Accept button, add the Recuse button), etc.

• Brudinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please.
    I´ve been invited by people that I´ve never seen before to clubs for games that I´ve never played before.

So some privacy options for the Clubs feature would be awesome!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base