Clubs and LFG

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding how Xbox handles Clubs and LFG. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how Clubs behave, using and interacting with Clubs, and using LFG to find players.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Clubs & LFG forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for Clubs and LFG

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Custom club logos

Short and sweet: clubs should have the ability to have custom gamerpics uploaded for a more personalized feel.

I understand the potential liability of allowing any image to be used, but creating either a submission/approval process or user submitted reporting option will allow for a filter process to prevent obscene images. If you're a gaming clan, group of school friends, or rooster teeth members, personalizing the gamerpic to something besides standard user pics (halo/gears/etc) would be a nice addition.

164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Club Merging

Allow Owners of similar clubs to agree to merge clubs for a unified community.

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Club Showcase

A showcase for clubs would be nice to highlight creative original content or captured media from club members.

Members can post really valuable or entertaining clips, achievements or screen shots that just end up buries in the feed within a few hours to a day.

A showcase feed or gallery that leaders and mods could share posts to would go miles in preserving high value submissions and giving contributing members more recognition

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pin a post in the club feed.

As an admin of a club, the ability to pin something, that either I've posted, or the owner has posted, would be a very convenient feature, so that when welcoming members, the first thing they see is a nice welcome mat type post, and when more members join, they wont have to scroll down 20 or 30 posts to see it.

If this isn't possible, then perhaps members could get a notification when other members have posted in the Club chat tab.

Also, direct mentions don't seem to send any notification to the targeted person.

88 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show clan members online without being friends

Please allow me to see if clan members are online rather than having to add them as friends. This is very obvious with Halo 5 and spartan companies.

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clubs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let owners/admins message everyone in a club at once

A simple option which appears only for the owner and admins of a club, which allows them to send out a message to evyone in the club at once. This feature would be incredibly helpful for clans and other clubs who want to organise events and such for their members.

Owners would be able to decide whether or not to give admins access to the feature.

81 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option for Owner to change Club default Public/Private/Hidden

Admins should be able to change the Public/Private/Hidden status of their own Clubs. In the instance that an admin wants to change an existing club from Hidden to Public or Private, perhaps all posts are deleted and it starts fresh, then when members go to club there will be a highly visible warning/notification of the status change, that would affect the visibility of their posts, allowing them to decide for themselves if they wish to leave or remain in that Club. Otherwise, admins should freely be able to change it, just as we can in any other forum. A 7…

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Club Ranks

The ability to create custom Club Ranks to add more depth to each club. For example if you have a racing club, you can create ranks such as "Top Drivers", "New Drivers" or even "Upcoming Drivers". This would make club navigation simpler and cleaner.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn off club invites

Please implement the ability to turn off club invites. This is turning into spam, people that I don't follow and they don't follow me are sending me random club invites

All these clubs have only about 6 people in it not that that's relevant but just saying.

Anyway I wish there was a way to turn off club invites within certain parameters, for example, people that you're not following can't invite you to a club

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Admin tab in clubs

A section should be dedicated to admins in the club. Here each admin can be displayed with an introduction and information on what they are in charge of.

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Searching Clubs with language filter

There are many clubs from huge globally clubs to small local clubs on Xbox Live. Most of the clubs hit by search are using English but I often try to find local clubs where I can use my own language. I wanna the search filter of language just like Looking for Game so I can find both global clubs and local clubs.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use @everyone tag in Clubs to notify everyone

Also use the @here tag to notify online people playing now.

You should have a corresponding setting as well:
    "Who can use the @everyone and @here tag?:" > (Owners/Admins default)

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change club names

You should be able to change your club name more than once for a fee similar to how gamertags work.

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Competition function

If there was a way of designing a relatively simplistic format for a competition tab on clubs I feel like this would really develop it and it's use as a feature. Here's the proposal:

Example: Best Clip/Screenshot for a given game and month

1. Set competition title and description for an explanation/rules.

2. So you'd set parameters for the competition - for e.g. max number of entrees per person, voting for one or more clips, Max clip length, Creation date (to make it month specific) etc. You can have a simple design with drop down choices for this.

3. Format…

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Looking for group suggestions

In the looking for group section it offers suggestions you might like from clubs you are a member of. That's all well and good but it should only offers groups to games you actually own. Most of the suggestions are for games I don't own which is really sorta pointless...

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Club admin flair or distinguishable tag

Club / group admins need to be more distinguished in the chat tab. Something like different color text or an actual tag next to their name. Make it easier for members to know that it is an actual admin posting about something.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Club navigation and Owner/Admin feed recognition

Ok, as an Admin' myself may i ask if it can be considered that when deleting spam/posts in the clubs activity feed etc. or looking at a members profile from the drop down within the post, when you've finished the action and back out that it takes you to the point you left off rather than exiting the club altogether and returning to the dash' if that makes sense? Also sometimes members aren't aware you're an Admin' when policing the feeds/asking for rules to be adhered to, so is there a way of possibly placing an ident of some sort…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Xbox Clubs - Better Location For Feature / Hiding

One of the most common complaints I'm hearing about the new Xbox Clubs feature is that the list of Clubs you are following appears in the friends tab, forcing people to scroll through the list of Clubs before reaching their actual Friends list.

If you incorporated the Clubs list into the same drop down menu as the Friends/Recent Players/Favourites/Suggestions, then it would allow users to view the Clubs when they want to, and not have to make it more difficult to see their friends list.

Another option is to just keep the Clubs feature entirely in the Community section of…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Speak on behalf of club

SO on Facebook, if you were to create a group, you can speak as that "group". E.g my name is bob, I create a group called "Destiny", I then have the option to post stuff as "Destiny" or "Bob".

It would be a nice concept to have on the clubs, to speak as the 'club' character.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sharing post

When you make a post and you want to share it with multiple feeds (i.e. clubs) you have to post it or share it multiple times

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Clubs and LFG

Feedback and Knowledge Base