Parties & Multiplayer

Here you can find ideas and feature requests that affect how parties work and other multiplayer activities

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Parties & Multiplayer forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Separate Volume Control For Each Player in The Party

It would be very helpful to be able to set different volume control to each player in the party.

The problem: Some players' voices are too loud, while others are too hard to heard. Currently, we have a general volume control via the + and - buttons of the headset. However, this will not solve the problem.

The solution: While in the party menu, hovering over a player's gamertag (with the D-pad or the left analog stick) will allow us to bring a quick volume control ONLY to this particular person via moving the right analog stick up (to boost…

349 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Party Music Sync

Give the option to share your music through your party. Give the party leader play/pause controls, and each party member the options to suggest songs- like a jukebox.

326 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to add custom party name

[Mod edit: Title changed from "PLEASE add a feature that you are able to name your own party!!!!"]

311 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable the ability to spam people with game invites.

I have friends that like to spam me with multiple invites to a game when I'm playing something they're not. It's getting to the point where my notification panel is showing over 100 notifications at a time. People that I encounter in game lobbies that try to troll are also doing this, making it very annoying when I'm trying to play a game and the notifications pop up on my screen every few seconds.

293 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't lose game control when joining party

While playing a game, holding the xbox button to join a party snaps the party app. The party app gains focus and you lose control of the game you are in. This can be extremely annoying while playing multiplayer as you fumble to switch between snaps or unsnap the party. The alternative is to wait until you are out of multiplayer to go back and join the party later.

A notification that you successfully/unsuccessfully joined the party after holding the xbox button would be ideal, but just leaving focus with the game snap when the party opens would be sufficient.

269 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to set game chat through speakers

The March preview update enables party chat though speakers, but there is still no way to set game chat through speakers. Vote for ability to set all communications to come through your speakers without the use of Kinect.

268 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Appear Offline option before signing into Xbox One

...because sometimes, you just wanna play and not be bothered (but forget to set the setting back when you are finished...then think nobody likes you anymore because you haven't been pinged by anyone on your contact list, or asked to join in any games in the weeks since you originally went in to stealth mode and forgot to reenable appearing online)

:)

249 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A mute option for under 18+

it would be awsome if there was a option to auotmatically mute any one under 18 because it gets anoying have to pause what im doing just to mute some kids screaming down the mic

241 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video Chat within the Party Chat App

OK, so my idea is to integrate a Video Chat experience using the Kinect sensor within the Party Chat System. Enabling this means that you can see your friends' reactions towards games whilst playing alongside them.
    This is also a great feature to have in order to see who it is you are playing against if you have never met before.
    It brings a whole new meaning to Social Gaming

233 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase the max size of Party Chat to 24

12 is not enough especially for forza 6 multi-player. The forza6's in game chat function doesn't work properly and people would have to split up into 2 chat party group when number of people exceeds 12. Pls allow 24 people in a chat party. Gamers are gonna love it

210 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text chat in Party Chat without virtual keyboard overlay when using USB keyboard

I think Party Chat would greatly benefit from this addition. It'd make communication more smooth and seamless if we could type messages without virtual keyboard overlay when using a USB keyboard. Moreover, this would also greatly help for those people who cannot use mics for communication because of late hours and having spouses and children who sleep at that time.

I also have one related idea - maybe there should be a toggleable option to activate a transparent text chat overlay from party chat (think of this standard feature of PC gaming), so that we could instantly use our keyboards…

206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back preferred or avoid players

We should be able to select from the recent players list, like on Xbox 360, to select them as preferred or avoid players to make matchmaking easier like it was on Xbox 360. There are a lot of times where me or my friends, I'm sure this happens to a lot of other player, are matched with players who don't play the game the right way and/or leave early.

206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Voice Changer or Effects for Chat

Add the option to change your voice in any kind.

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Party Chat Section on dashboard

I would like to see a Party Chat section added to the dashboard so we can easily manage our party without having to use Snapmode.

This would show you who is in your party and does offer the option by pessing the start/view button to kick or invite people in or to your party.

It can easily be implemented by a small section removing the Popular with Friends section on the Friends Tab and replace it by Party Chat. Rename the Friends Tab to Social and it's implemented.

Microsoft can also replace the featured section with a Party section and…

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Should be a spectator feature to watch what our friends are playing

There's always twitch yeah I know but there should still be a spectate feature if I and only I wanna see what my friend is playing on his screen (I'm sure this has been mentioned before)

188 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow players to request an invite

This has happened to me hundreds of times: I am in a room/party playing with friends. Another friend hops online and sends an invite TO one of us in the room/party. But, the new friend really wants an invite FROM us. There should be a way for the new player to hop online, send an "Invite Request" and the receiving player can either click "Yes" and an invite is sent or "No, we are full" or just "No." Or even better, the new player just gets added to the room when we accept the "Request".

This needs to happen.

180 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Skip Update & Stay "ONLINE" (Forever)

It's time to Update...

1. Start Update
    2. Skip & Stay Online
    3. Skip & Stay Online
    4. Skip & Stay Online
    5. Turn off Xbox

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. to be able to see who's in your party on the home screen (dashboard)

like on the 360 where you were able to see who was in your party on the dashboard by their profile picture ( on the top right corner). I would very much like to see this come on the xbox one to save time coming out of a game and loading up the xbox app just to make sure my friends are still in the party when everything has gone silent

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. (Xbox 360 Style) Private Chat For Those Without Xbox Live- Xbox One

Issue:
    Players without Xbox Live can't chat with any other player, or players vocally without the use of a third party system/app. (I.e. Skype)

Possible Solution:
    Bring back the Xbox 360 Private Chat system with some slight altercations/functions and a sleek new design, to better suit the new interface given on our newer systems.

Recommendations: (Separated categorically by function)

Channels-
    1.) Possibly increase the number of chat-channels, since this is on a newer console, leaving for more players to use this function and chat together at one time.

2.) Give players the ability to merge their chat's channel with another's. …

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preference Matchmaking

Have it so everyone can set their preference to things like chatty players, or quiet players Having a preference for rowdy or polite players would be a good one too.

Really want to flex your muscle showing you have the best matchmaking? This is how you do it. pair people up with the kind of people they want to be around in game. Please support this idea!

127 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Parties & Multiplayer

Feedback and Knowledge Base