Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Why do we have wait five minutes to see our Recent Players?

When I finish playing quick games with gamers that's not on my Friend's List sometimes I want to send the a message. But it'll take them 5 minutes to show up on our Recent Player list. Can y'all make their Gamertags show up right away, like on the 360?

798 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

New Orleans day shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NZ Evan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so slow and annoying. I don't even bother using it any more because of this. It was so quick to update pretty much instantly on the 360.

• mike cupcake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the time for players to appear on the list is really frustrating.

the list on xbox.com is not ordered by time met, making it very hard to browse.

players I meet on dark souls 1 (backwards compatible) are not appearing on the xbox one or xbox.com list.

please, please improve this.

• KnuckleDuster00 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The recent players list needs to be much more quicker when displaying a person you played with. When co oping in a game or connecting to someone, the person's name should appear instantly in your recent friends list. The xbox 360 was this way. On the xbox one you have to wait 10+ minutes before their name even shows up.

• Len 9000000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, I just went into "Recent Players" and tried this out. I found something strange. First of all, I haven't played a game online in several days, but my list is full of people. I selected the first in the list to see when they were in with me, expecting to see "5 days ago" or something like that. It said "1 2 hours ago"! I was asleep 2 hours ago! Then I clicked the next one (I shouldn't have to select to see how long ago, remember the 360 said it underneath?) the next one said "1 hour ago.. the list is not in order, and is incorrect altogether. I was NOT online, nor was I playing that game at all for at least 5 days! Everyone in the list was for that game, which was in the optical drive (Dark Souls 2 SoLS). It's like a ghost is playing my games!

Most importantly, besides the "ghost" playing my games, the list is WAY out of order. I don't know how or if it's even possible to set it in order, but since people are popping in when the console is off, I consider it broken.

One more thing.. I just scrolled all the way to the bottom.. there must be 100 people in the list, all for Dark Souls 2 except for the last one.. it was for GTA, which I haven't played for at least 6 months. It says "Grand Theft Auto V - Last met 24..." and the rest is cut off. There are 2 problems with this. 1, It's CUT OFF! what use is it if I can't read it? and 2, and here's the big one.. I HAVEN'T PLAYED GTA IN 6 MONTHS! Who are these people and who are they playing with on my console when I'm asleep? And who's playing GTA? It's a disc game and it's been in my drawer since forever. This is crazy. I consider this a broken feature in serious need of fixin'.

• Len 9000000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ DOC MAC

How did you figure that out? I haven't tried it with recent players yet, but I see it refreshes the screen! Seriously, that was a huge problem for me.. I haven't made any friends in the 9 months I've owned the X1 because of this. Why don't Microsoft tell us these things?

• D0C MAC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are funny! On any dashboard screen (including friends, recent players, ect) hold left trigger, right trigger, and tap Y. This will refresh your screen with up to the second info. Hope this helps you guys out.

• xARCTURAS13x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes even with superfast fibreoptic broadband the speed of which it takes to access recent players on xbox one compared to 360 is a massive difference and can effect gameplay in games such as battlefield cod etc as you rely on fast access

• MHlim 1932 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Recent Players list on the Xbox One indeed seems to update much slower than on the Xbox 360, and it certainly needs an update to the speed at which it updates.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base