Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Party passes that allow friends to join an invite-only party without an invitation

When enabling a "Party Pass" on any given player, the invite only setting would not apply to them. For example, if I create an invite only party, and my friend Joe does not have a Party Pass, he cannot gain access by himself, however, if Keith does have a Party Pass, he can join through any of my parties freely.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Party Passes" to further clarify the suggested idea.]

1,501 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

fr0gm4st3R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anthony Bern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is an amazing idea. Most of my friends like to appear offline and its always a hassle if someone lags out of a party or game and you cant just go to your online friends and invite them back. I'm sure it would need to be tweaked but this has a lot of potential IMO.

• SkankHunt42SP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so that if you join a invite only party that you can join back with out needing an invite unless you are kicked this lasts until a new party is started.

• iiAmRodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea, but I can see a lot of problems with it too. If you put it on invite only, that is usually because you don't want certain people to join. However, it always shows when someone is in a party. If that person or those people try to join and notice they are not part of this party pass, they may get mad.

It's a good idea, but I'm not sure if I would like this to be implemented

• NotHersh51 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea because if you have friends that are offline and you don't get notifications that they have come online. Now they could just join.

• Kshesho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave this idea a vote because it seems like it could be a useful feature.

However, I can definitely see it causing problems between friends. One might go onto their friend's profile and see that their friend is in a party. Then, if they try and join that party and aren't able to, then they know that they don't have a party pass from that friend. This could definitely be a potential problem causer.

But, like I said, I do believe this could be a useful feature.

• fr0gm4st3R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for all the support on this idea guys! It would be great to see this feature implemented due to the fact that many people can't always send invited during a match. Let's hope it happens one day! :)

• LIVECONTENDER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this could be implement efficiently through a 'favorites-only' option being available that pertains to the status of the parties joinability that would require invites for 'normal' friends.

• LittleMissee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea. I set my parties to invite only sometimes, as there are people in my clan that I don't always like playing with/talking to, but then that limits some of my irl friends and more regular gaming friends from joining, especially if I'm in the middle of multiplayer and don't want to stop my gameplay to send them an invite mid-match.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base