Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Allow 'Favorites Only' option for players auto-joining parties and games

I'd like to be able to restrict the people who can auto-join my party chat and games to Favorites only, and not just friends. Others should require invites.

I don't necessarily want everyone I "follow" to be able to jump into my chats and games, but I don't want to give up the convenience of this feature for those who I play with daily.

616 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dark Gekko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • iMuz86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As title suggests, it would be great to have an additional setting to Party where you can set to "Invite Only" but where friends that the party leader sets to Favorite can still join.

Reason: Lots of people like me, have hundreds of people on their friends lists, sometimes I'm in a party with friends who I play regularly with (I set them to favorites) and people often start joining randomly and begin talking over us, and generally not contributing to what we are doing in game. Not wanting to be rude, we have to put up with it or leave to start a new party.

This takes away from game time, and could be fixed with a simple "Invite Only" setting with the exception of favorites, so that close groups who want to jump in and jump out can do so without having parties "crashed"

• Grebzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to stop friends joining a party that you were invited too.

Example;

I have Friend1 and Friend2. They are not friends with each other. Friend2 invites me to a party which I accept. Friend1 can join the party Friend2 hosts through my gamertag by selecting Join Party.. I don't want Friend1 to join the party but I still want to be friends with Friend1 for when we play games together and talk in our own parties together.

The other problem is what if Friend1 is my 12 year old cousin and I don't want him to be in parties with my 28 year old friends.

Right now the only option is to remove and block Friend1 which is not a valid solution.

Thanks for all the good work so far and I hope my idea can be implemented.

• StrongAsAForte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. Favorites should always be able to join your party. That way you don't have to stop mid game to invite the people you play with daily.

• SaM5246xbl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or a default setting for "invite-only" everytime I start a party instead of having to select it each time (it's off by default). We can also borrow from Google + and use "circles" to sort friends and then assign permissions for each group on whether they know you are online, offline, able to join chat, etc!

• Br4inDEAD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was literally just talking about this. I have friends that I wouldn't mind joining parties then some I would mind if they just randomly jumped in. Having it locked is nice but I rather there be more to favorites than just telling me they signed on.

• AddiCt3d 2CHa0s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hellz yeah. If I can't lock my parties down to "invite only", at least give me the option to only allow my favorite peeps to invade my gaming experience.

• FINALDEATH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should let us set exactly what features are enabled or disabled for favorites and regular friends. I would also like the ability to hide the "has come online" notifications for regular friends but leave it on for favorites.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base