Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Separate Volume Control For Each Player in The Party

It would be very helpful to be able to set different volume control to each player in the party.

The problem: Some players' voices are too loud, while others are too hard to heard. Currently, we have a general volume control via the + and - buttons of the headset. However, this will not solve the problem.

The solution: While in the party menu, hovering over a player's gamertag (with the D-pad or the left analog stick) will allow us to bring a quick volume control ONLY to this particular person via moving the right analog stick up (to boost the player's voice 2x) or down (to lower the palyer's voice 2x). Moving the right analog stick left or right will set back the default volume level. Pressing the right analog stick button will act as a quick "mute" or "unmute" of that player.

Also, this same behavior could be implemented while watching videos (films/movies, YouTube, media player, game DVR videos etc). Currently, it's inconvenient to to control the volume every time with the TV's remote control.

385 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tupalka shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Madasahat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best idea I have read so far (only found this feedback site today) This needs implementation now! TIA

• SwiftJokerStyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is exactly a feature that must be added, because I cant hear a lot of party chat members "at all", cause they arent speaking high enough while their parents or families are sleeping........

• ZeroToLaunch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a great idea for those who have a lot of background noise going on. I have some hearing damage and the inability to adjust individuals in party chat creates difficulty in understanding others in the party who can't compete with the background noises and get masked out. It can be very frustration to ask people to repeat what they've just said because of background noise coming from someone else's mic. I don't want to mute them because they are part of the conversation too. I would just like to be able to turn something they have little control over down a little bit, while increasing the volume of the quiet players. This is a big accessibility issue.

• LT Llamaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should also be reflected on PC. Microsoft should look how CurseVoice does it- mouse over certain party members and you can raise and lower their volume individually. When doing cross play you'll be dealing with players on Xbox one and PC with cheap to high end headsets so the volume levels won't always be consistent.

• senote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a friend who plays rubbish music and sings, i'd love to be able to turn him down rather than having to turn everyone down.

• AbandonedFiend commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be nice to turn troll's in party chat volume down to baely hear rhem without have to mute all the time

• Rebel Hydra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to change the volume of other users in Party Chat. If someone is being to loud, turn down their volume. If someone is quiet, turn them up. It would make partys great without muting your friends.

• DesiredHeadshot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this was posted in 2014 and this still has not yet made it to the Xbox One. that is beyond pathetic. This is a no brainier and should have been added day one. If this is "next gen" then make it so. I have friends who talk softly and I'm not going to be rude to them and tell them to speak up when on the other hand I have friends who talk a little tooo loud at times which makes it im possible to hear the one's who talk softly. Why should I have to keep clicking buttons up and down on my control to keep changing the volume while playing a game. PC had this years ago before xbox 360. Time to step up the game. This is way over due. I'm already upset with how this console has turned out this far.

• ien J 42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bonjour,
    Serait-il possible de créer un menu spécifique, en utilisant la surcouche xbox, qui permet de régler le volume de chat de chaque joueur ?
    Par exemple,
    - Sélection joueur
    - appui long avec A par exemple
    - volume voix -/+
    - muet on / off

Idem dans le groupe d'amis.

En effet, il y a des joueurs que l'on entend plus que d'autres et dans certains cas, la fonction muet est difficilement accessible voire impossible.
    Merci.

• HonorableLoki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every time i get in to a party with a few friends it's always someone's voice is overwhelming over everyone else it would be so nice if each party member had a slider that you can separately change their volumes. for example let say I'm in a party with Leo who has a really quite mic but that's fine i can just turn up the volume on my headset but then Jim joins the party and hes got a really loud mic so i turn down my headset so my ears aren't gone by the end of the night but now i can't hear Leo... this would be easy to avoid if each person had there own separate volume so hopefully its possible to do cause it would be real nice

• JoeReaperBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone who has ever messed around with the microphone settings on Skype(PC) will know what I'm getting at. My hope is that there will be an option in the settings for the microphone that allows you to toggle the automatic adjuster off, and then manually set the sensitivity for your microphone. Voice feedback with this feature would allow you to set it right where it needs to be, by yourself. Or you can ask your friends in a party chat when your voice is coming through clearly without being too loud or quiet.

If anyone is told that their voice is too loud or too quiet, or even if the microphone only picks up a couple words because of the lack of sensitivity, then PLEASE vote for this. It will help me a lot, since I have to yell at the microphone EVERYTIME I join the party chat with friends. After yelling at the microphone though, it auto adjusts down so that I can talk normally, which is weird but whatever. It's still anoying.

Thanks!

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base