Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add "press x to invite to game and y to invite to party" to friends list snap please

Add press x to invite to game and y to invite to party to xbox friends list and snap would save alot of time then having to open the users profile each time also add voice messaging please

710 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MEA Charlieboy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rufless Forza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When u highlight a person in the party, all the options are pointless for me. I want invite to game, invite to party, add friend, view profile, mute. As options

• Super Geek No 1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you double tap the Xbox button and highlight a friend you have a (X) to invite to party but it would be great to have (Y) join party as an option too. Sometimes you are disconnected from some reason and need to quickly join the party as soon as possible as you are playing online.

• Nate dawg 29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already the feature of pressing X on your friends tab to invite that person to a party.
    This is universal wether they are in a party or not.
    If the person is already in a party and it is joinable, the X button should be to join that party. Not send an invite.
    Obviously keep it also so if the person isn't in a party, X will send them an invite.
    A small tweak but would yield massive use from myself.
    I always press X thinking the button will do that, not send an invite. So it's almost like it should have been there from the introduction of this!

• Platypus1998 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Xbox 360 the quick button (not viewing profile, but from friends list) to invite players to the party also invited them to your game. On the receiving end, a player could choose to accept the party, the game, or both. I'd like to see this return on Xbox One, because pressing X on the Friends list currently only acts as a party invite, and to invite to a game one must view their friend's profile. This is a step back, but I imagine it would be simple in comparison to some of the other changes that could be made to the interface.

• IPoteven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe use the ''App'' button (Start) as a right click like on PC, and give us invite to party, invite to game, join game, join party, message etc. Clicking on a friend should give use his full profile, IMO interaction should appear using the ''start' button

• AbsoluteVader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It takes to long to inv a friend to a party/game. A 1 button click on the snapped friends list would be better than having to open each friend profile ago down to the send inv then picking which inv. Sometimes snapping an app takes some serious time loading. If your have to wait on loading time it might be handy option to press x/y to inv to party/game if your in the middle of multiplayer. Just a thought

• turbochardged commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you should be able to add your friends to your party while staying snapped to the side. so it doesn't interfere with the main screen. I only need to see who is online in the add section.

• Mr Deanings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this needs to come back (Or Add invite/join Party and Game to one click in context menu)

Y is currently a shortcut to search for a user so that would need to be looked at.

Also - If Party is already snapped . Don't shift focus to the party app every time I invite a friend. I've invited them, I don't need to use the party app afterwards. Inviting multiple friends is a pain because of this.

I know there's the "Invite to party" screen that allows multiple invites. If I'm already looking at my friends list it seems kind of pointless to go through the additional load times to invite via the party app.

• xFMx ALCHEMiST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED this. I would do

X= invite to game
    Y= invite to party
    Holding X/Y (spinning circle) = invite to party & game

• SwirlyDrip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to press X and Y to invite players again, it saves so much time, atm i find the 'Snap' option annoying at times, it can be slow to load or when you're on a game and go to home then friends it just lags, i dont know if its just me but i have pretty good Connection etc so i dont know why it would be slow!

• TheKLUSTER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely agree with voice mesages. I used this feature alot among friends on my 360. Writting out messages just takes to long.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base