Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Age Matchmaking

I'm tired of being matched up with 8 - 13 yr olds on a M rated game, is there a way to enforce Esrb by ones birthday on consoles?

799 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JimGamez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AziziOthman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my reputation went down hill playing with kids. can't cuss and say anything without anyone getting ***.

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would improve the game play experience for both the younger players as well as the older players.

• MicroPhoneStand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this feature been implemented yet!? So many little kids playing adult themed video games is killing the experience. I've noticed there are less little kids on PC, hence why my Xbox days could be numbered ....

• Angelic Paradox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should really do this already!

I refuse to give my autistic 7 year old LiveGold because it's just not age-appropriate for him, but he wants to be like his older brother. If they actually had this I would feel less worried about him playing multiplayer games with a group of 8 year olds.

• theB1GL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a big problem for me and im surprised the # isnt higher than it is. Not only do we need age matchmaking but in Halo 4 Heavies need skill matching as well. not only am i getting paired with little kids constantly but seeing a lot of 130s that are deep in the negative, or joining players that dont even speak the same language. Im big on communication and call outs but these little kids dont have a clue.

• TReid1996 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea but some parents aren't strict, and 13 or so year olds can sign up for live and say they are 18.

• GrowlingYapper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found the worse kids are the grown up ones, But agree real children should not be playing games rated above their age, The real people who should be enforcing are the kids parents.

• Darkhawk Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Xbox Ambassador, I want to leave a friendly reminder for everyone that, by posting here in Xbox Feedback, you agree to:

Post your ideas and comments in a respectful and constructive way.

Be an example of a great community member for others to follow. Don't be abusive toward other people or their ideas.

If you come across an offensive comment or idea, report the post. Do Not Engage!

These and the other Terms of Use can be found at: https://xbox.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/510964

Please be respectful and do not verbally abuse, name shame, slander, or libel anyone or your account can be suspended.

• AIR IK BREATHES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm 29 and wanted to ask and tell those who have any kid(s). What about the R rated movies you take them to watch at the theaters with you, and the TV-MA shows they watch cause you don't block them with a V-chip? These are pretty much the same kind of ratings as a video game. A kid is only quiet for those because they want to watch the movie or show they like. If they sound so loud and annoying you can mute them, start or join a party chat or leave the match you're in. The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) ratings provide guidance about video games and apps so that consumers, especially parents, can make informed choices about the ones they deem suitable for their family. So a parent can let their little loved one(s) play M rated video games if they want it's their kid(s), they can even let them watch TV-MA shows and take them to R rated movies.

• o Lady Karma o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm 35 and a woman. I just want to play with some people my age for a change. I know that not all 30+ year-olds are mature, but at least it would weed out most of them. I'm so sick of getting "hook up" requests and crap, and they're all below the age of 25 (barf).

• JimGamez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dunno about you, but I'm 33 and am tired of playing with children online. I don't got anything with kids, but when I am playing a M rated (used to be 18+) game, and all I encounter is 15 on down year olds, I lose interest in multiplayer. I;m debating not to renew gold because of this. Last week in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, I came across a 8 year who modded the game. I obviously reported her, I'm just sick of kids ruining my experience. Is there a way to meet friends similar to my age. I might still keep the GOLD, but I will not play online unless it requires me to do so, meaning MMO only.

• EG HELL REIGN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm 38 years old and I'm getting a bit tired of finding myself in a game lobby filled with teenagers, who have yet to figure out how to control their hormones or maturity.

• WKDFROG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there was an option in any public multiplayer game where one lobby was age verified based on the Microsoft age verification system or alternative sign up requirements. I know I am not the only one who would like the option to be able to search for a group that consists solely of adults age 18+ and I am sure there are many children who would like to search for a lobby aged under 18 only

• WKDFROG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there was an option in any public multiplayer game where one lobby was age verified based on the Microsoft age verification system or alternative sign up requirements. I know I am not the only one who would like the option to be able to search for a group that consists solely of adults age 18+ and I am sure there are many children who would like to search for a lobby aged under 18 only.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base