Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Being able to promote

Should have the ability to promote somebody else in the party to the party leader, in case the original leader has to go do something for a while and would like someone else in control of the party.

366 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FracturedGoblin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that would help preserve the party should something happen and the original leader have to leave the group.

• STIZZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been in a situation as to where I would start a party chat but then after a while I would want to leave and others in the party would like to stay in it while I'm gone. So can we have the ability so that when in a situation like this the party leader can from within the party highlight another gamer and hit the menu button on the controller and make one of the other gamers party leader? Instead of having someone from the group start up a new party and invite others all over again.

• Sirr Lantzalot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty self-explainatory. You should be able to make someone else in the party the leader instead of everyone leaving until the person-to-be-leader is the longest member of the party. Or making them start a new party.

• Bryan GTR PR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason is if your conection is not so good you can give the host party to other to be more stable and not start kicking people because have bad network connection

This is a good Idea lol

• EPICzxDYNASTY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if we could transfer leadership to someone else in the party if the current leader has to go do something or doesn't want to be the leader anymore! Vote for this post so it get's noticed!

• LifeSong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, this feature is NOT in the 1409 update. Now there will be a party leader, but there is no way to make someone else the party leader. I am surprised this isn't an option in there but it should be. If the leader leaves I assume it will auto assign a new person as the leader and instead you should be able to manually change it. I am all for this option.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base