Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

JOIN ALERTS! Have the option to be notified when a player's game becomes joinable

I hate having to constantly check my friends list, opening their gamer card, and then seeing if they are joinable. A great alternative to this would to implement join alerts! Basically when you open a gamer card of a player or friend, you can set it to alert you the next time that player is in a joinable game. Maybe even make it to where you can set a certain amount of times (e.g. Alert me when *blank* becomes joinable for the next *blank* games), or even set it to where it will still alert you even if that player goes offline, comes back online, and then enters a joinable game (e.g. Alert me the next time *blank* enters a joinable game ). From there, a notification could pop up, and you could say "xbox launch" or hold the guide button to instantly join. I think this would be very convenient to players.

1,179 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OffNickel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hham2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good idea but if would make it easier for people to don't want to join your game at any time

• GiantKiller130 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a heads up, if you use the looking for game feature and your friend makes a post that says they're looking for players it will alert you too

• Ix Ace xo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see where YOU are going with this idea, but I think that too many people would use this feature to harrass more popular people. i.e. youtubers or clip creators.

• zeK y0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a bit cosmetic, how many people would actually use this? Not one to be a party pooper but imagine if someone is playing Call of Duty and how many times that would notify you per game, don't know if you've noticed but the Xbox One notifications aren't exactly discrete and it would be a ballache to people on say, FIFA, as the notification takes up half the radar at the bottom. Maybe have it so you only get notified to people who's game and party you've joined and then just "Xbox Join Game" when the notification comes up :)

• mja calg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add "Join Alerts" or a "Friend Que" where I can wait to join them when they are in a game. The current way is flawed and needlessly "Hit or Miss".

Additionally, there should be a button on the "Join Alert" window that will automatically take us to join our friend in the game too.

And yes I realize one can create a party, but then you can't chat with anyone else outside the party. Last night a friend and I were playing TitanFall and if we were in a closed Party, we would not have met two really great mic'd players whom are now on our Friends List.

• DocNYz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An alert would be amazing and at the very least an icon or sort option to put them on top of the list!

• Convoyz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Yea if you're in their game in the party it should let you know when a spot becomes available in the actual game"

This.

• Kylo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea if you're in their game in the party it should let you know when a spot becomes available in the actual game

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base