Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

When you mute someone, they can still hear you.. change it so they can't

I mute people who are [Mod Removed] to me, so I can go on in the party and completely ignore them. But they can still hear my voice. It was perfect on the 360, why is it different now?

703 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GHOSTFIRE403 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • choppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature for fun. But overall I think it's unescessary. If we don't want to talk to people we don't have to

• TURFFREY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I disagree. I play in the same room as my flat mate. He wears over ear headphones and I don't. I've muted him so I don't hear him twice.

• Kapricious KaT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How bothersome!! Why does xbox change things that do not need to be changed?! Can we add this already?!

• Radical924 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree if you mute someone then why should they be able to hear u? Makes no sense to me why they would change that.

• HiddenChrome123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. If something is private, send them a message. 2. Before your friends could mute you and secretly talk s*** behind your back. Now they can't do that anymore

• BOOKER B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they should remove the followers altogether as i now have some sick weirdo following me for some reason and i cannot remove him at all

• CheezitKid90712 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it stands when you block someone you unfriend them. This is dumb. When you mute someone they can still hear you. We have a mute self button which mutes you from being heard by everyone. We need a button that mutes one person- from hearing you and from you hearing them- like on the 360.

• AIRWOLF160 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently when I mute someone, they can still hear me and I cannot hear them. When someone is muted they should not be able to hear me, and I should not hear them. Xbox 360 had this right.

• Crys7aL Fx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point of muting someone of they still hear you? I don't understand why they changed this function, like what did they think?

• SonicBlueSt4ng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS. Why do you change things like this? I never saw anyone posting a thread saying 'Hey, I want people I mute to still hear me'. That goes for taking away ability to see who's in a party. Who asked for that? MS are you listening to you customers???

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base