Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Byndurcntrl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its alot easier to send voice msg then txt. Believe it or not there are some old scholl cats out there who dont have smart phone or the smart glass app!

• XSniperNinjaX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear xbox u money grabbing rats like PS4 give us the players the voice our rights etc on the xbox 360 u can send voice messages as text but on xbox one u cant please bring this back imfed up with sending texts my fingers hurt lol :) also can u make sure it more than 30 seconds like the 360 maybe u can make 1 min long so we can record a long message as 30 secs is nothing

• FINALDEATH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked they don't support voice messages on the one, such a massive step backwards. I only ever used voice messages on the 360, with the lack of them on the one i don't even use messages at all. Luckily my tv is next to my pc where i sit when i game so i can just message them on google hangouts since it is so much easier to type on a keyboard than with a controller. But this is the only feature i am appalled they decided to completely remove, like categories in the store for example.

• CruelScratch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I figured I should add my support to this since it hasn't been done yet . Actually thought this would be fairlyeasy to accomplish... Mabe next preview update...

• AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Goku Ruk~

Thanks for the post! Please post each suggestion individually; that way others can vote on exactly what they like and we can track each idea on its own. If you have an idea that is already posted, please vote for it.

Thanks!

--This post will be removed on 2/9/2015 as Multiple Ideas

• Atreides Spawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is only one of the most popular requests in the feedback repo. It is reprehensible that this was not fully disclosed on the box before purchase. ... even more reprehensible is that this primordially-basic feature was not included in the initial release :/

• AtomicVariable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread has nothing to do with the party system. If you're still having issues with the party system, you may just be technically challenged. I use Skype for video calling and parties work fine for me and my friends. Sounds more like a troll post Jounin, than well constructed feedback and suggestions.

• Jounin Astray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean when you realize that microsoft 'really' doesn't care as long as they've got your money, and should be taken advantage of at every given loop considering that's all they really do to the consumer. The party system is completely *** over to the point where users are forced to use Skype after looking up fixes for that.

You can't even get voice messages, because it says to go back to the Xbox 360(obviously the superior console now) to perform simplistic functions. It's sad.. It truly is sad. And they actually expected to compete with Sony..? Really? A joke in its finest.

• CableDawgPhoneG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading the comments people complaining about being anoyed by the messages which is dumb I know you used to be able to shut off notifications not sure if you can now but oh well.

If they aren't going to add voice messageing then they should at least ad the feature that types what you say instead of typing out everything. Smart Glass is handy but if Im playing games its off and sending a message becomes a hassle then.

• HotWasabiPees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's never going to be added even though it's been a feature on the Xbox 360 and even the original Xbox. It's probably much easier for MS to scan written messages as opposed to listening to every voice message... and don't think for a minute they aren't snooping on you and reading everything you text on their service!

• Twelvft Monkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Speaking of that Chat Adapter. Who's the wise guy who cooked that kooky revenue generator up? I'd like to exo stomp him/her in-game a few hundred times until I level up. lol

• Twelvft Monkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a move backwards to remove a feature that was well loved, and clearly often utilized on the 360. And on top of that, the hockey puck (unnecessary chat adapter) takes the place of any wouldbe Keypad. It couldn't be an accident, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say - you just haven't figured out How to do it. I think Xbox ought to address their customers' concerns in this regard, and make plans immediately to remedy this lack-there-of Now Generation communication requirement.

• Atreides Spawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No voice messaging? Huh? Pretty lame to remove one of the most basic features of Xbox Live from Xbox One O_o

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base