Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need audio message and also the ability to use Kinect to send photos in messages.

• xTEXASFIGHTx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that you can't send voice messages is incredibly stupid and short sighted. The console should have shipped with that feature built in, just like it was on 360 at launch. Quite frankly this is far more than an annoyance at this point, and I've had my Xbox One since launch day. Inexcusable that you can launch a new console and it NOT include everything the previous console had.

• NxtDoc1851 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still can not believe Voice Messages has not been integrated. This is becoming an annoyance.

• AVENGERactual commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft it's about time you add this in.....your making us play with sticks and stones when we have a m16 on our back so what's the point

• AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Unborn K2~

Thanks for the post! Please post each suggestion individually; that way others can vote on exactly what they like and we can track each idea on its own. If you have an idea that is already posted, please vote for it.

Thanks!

--This post will be removed on 3/9/2015 as Multiple Ideas

• MsBriRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it very disappointing that I paid 400 dollars for a console that does not have a feature that the last one did. If anything, I really hope this gets added as do others of the Xbox community.

• Vcollstorm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously
    This isnt a feature?
    How is this better than the 360?
    Next gen my butt
    I paid 400 bucks for a system that cant do ANYTHING the 360 does?
    VERRY DISAPOINTED

Another example of progress going backward...ya know the new vcr's dont even let you change chanels...you gotta use last gen products to do things that should be no brainers for next gen
    Yes i still use a vcr LOL

• The V i P 23 HD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

voice mail is a must, sometimes a text isn't enough to convey what you what you have to say. if it is brought back make sure it works with smartglass as well. its nothing like a good voice message for your friend or clan on the go.

• Simmo3D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature. Its been over a year and still no voice messaging! Would also love the ability to send voice messages via SmartGlass app

• Bakuzanto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea also have the amount of time to record a message longer then 1 min

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base