Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • XboxStein42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A text chatpad for Xbox One controllers would be great too! Not every XO user has a Smartglass device, although that population might not be significant. Just make sure the chatpad has the same port that the bare controller has so chat headsets and headset adapters can still plug in. Otherwise, I guess a wireless keyboard is the alternative, cuz Smartglass typing doesn't work with every app..

• Deadorder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the music apps work in the background like party chat, why should i have to keep a music app like zune snaped while I play game? and we have to pay for zune its a good app but whats the point if i can't listen to music while i play a game, pandora's free but it's the same thing please fix this.

• DHG nieshie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the preview program, and its a nice addition, should of came with launch honestly, but i think it would be way easier to be able to send the voice message without having to leave party chat

• SpaceAndBeyond6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok nobody understands how easy it is to send voice message through Xbox One if we get the feature.Everyone on my friends list is asking for this.Not just me everyone.It makes it easy for everyone in the Xbox One community.So please I beg of you to add this.It just makes life a whole lot better.Thank you.

• CeeDaRula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voice message should have been there day one and especially after you started selling the XBox One with no connect.

• DankMemesTho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still. Not. Available.

But don't worry guys, we have semi-transparent tiles. They're really listening to the users' voices, here.

• Ren Fuuma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I would love to have voice messaging on the xbox one. it would be nice change of pace, I do miss having it.

• smileskybird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the Top ideas on this feedback site. When you get over 6,000 votes for a missing feature, you know Microsoft has made a mistake in leaving this feature out. Voice Messaging on Xbox One is possible, fact. It's 2015, not 2013, not 2005, not 1912. If we can use Voice Commands and Party Chat on Xbox One, and Voice Messaging on our phones and Xbox 360, then there is a, how do businesses put it, "a demand" for it on Xbox One.

• smileskybird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring - it - back. 217 comments. 6,420 votes+. It's an Xbox Live Feature. Many people use it believe it or not. It's a major feature just like a Party Chat system. Voice Messaging at least between Xbox 1 console and Xbox 1 console is possible because all Xbox 1 consoles have the same audio codec. You can Party Chat with other Xbox 1 users because of the audio codec, so I don't understand why it's March 2015 and this feature is still missing on Xbox 1. Bring it back and you'll make several of us really happy.

• DankMemesTho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not yet a feature? It was a mainstay for the 360. This is utterly ridiculous. Xbox team – maybe spend less time making pretty, see-through tiles and more time giving us back functionality that you stole from us. PS4 is literally looking more appealing every day.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base