Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ExpIoreMeDora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely essential! It was not added in the April update as promised, but I hope it arrives in the very near future! Microphones have almost no purpose on the Xbox One. Master Chief Collection doesn't even have voice chat, and I can't send voice messages after the game. I used to wear my headset all the time on 360, and now I don't wear it at all. This completely takes the social aspect out of the Xbox One.

• NSC DIABLO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got a update, but when try to send a message still no appear the option to send voice message.
    Why??? It,s really hard to make this work?

• smileskybird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They're still working on the voice messages component. I just downloaded a console update this evening. Im not in this Preview Program thingy. May come out later this month (April) or in May but fingers crossed it's this month. They have to configure the Xbox 1's software and since Xbox 360 uses different Xbox Live servers and different hardware to Xbox 1. I want it back just as bad, just give 'em some more breathing space. Telecomunications companies allow you to listen to voice messages regardless of your cellphone/smartphone model, it would be great if you can listen to XBL voice messages on smartglass but lets get it out on the Xbox 1 console first.

• XSPYDYR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got April update and still no way to send voice messages. What is wrong with this multi billion dollar company..no money to pay good people to figure it out? Did all the people who got it to work for the Xbox 360 for the last 10 years just die and not leave any details on how to do?

• ZOM8IEKILLER147 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got an update today and i can not send voice and i watched the april update vid and it sayed nothing about voice mail.

• Malcolmmmmmmmmm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

xbox message should be combined into Skype - xbox friends should appear as a separate friends list section, of the xbox friends menu and the Skype client app. this would best integrate xbox with Skype and Skype with xbox.

• EchoSide Demon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to send voice messages while in a party. Also i still cant hear voice messages. Yes.. im in the preview program

• Sheer Lunatic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New voice message ability in the April update is a welcome addition, too bad it took so long to get this feature back.

• JINCHURIKKI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding voice messages on xbox one is awesome but i would like to be able to send voice messages while on a party chat just like the 360

• DJDPT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or they could implement the feature into the smart glass app, the Sony app has the ability to send and receive voice and picture messages through it.

• RippenHarra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the voice messages can't be listened to on the device I use for messaging the most ( Smartglass) I would like the option in preferences to block people's ability to send me voice messages.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base