Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • The Nerevarine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually hate voice messages. They can often be more practical than typing something out, but listening to them is often a problem for me, especially since you can't do it on Xbox.com.

Now, PERHAPS, if there was speech-to-text or other ways to listen to them other than SmartGlass... yet another thing I don't use because I have a laptop.

It would be nice if these technologies were inclusive. As long as they're exclusive I don't want anything to do with them.

• drakeXtheXsnake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, if this is what I'm thinking. I would much rather be able to just send my friend a quick voice snippet that says 'hey, whats up man, you wanna get down on some titanfall for a few?', without having to slooooowly type the message in.
    Especially considering the fact that there is no keyboard pad for the xbox one at the moment.
    It's annoying to have to archaically type that whole message key by key when I could just say it in a couple seconds instead.

• FluffyBlueBall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I didn't use it often I enjoyed this feature and am shocked to see it removed...

Especially since the improved sound quality of the sound codec is a big feature of the Xbox One

• Skycaptin5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally hated the send voice message feature as it's annoying to have to sit there and listen to people instead of simply reading a text message.

• MAXXIMUMFACIAL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this feature should have already been there is a past generation feature I've been sharing this on Facebook and Twitter to get the vote out there

• Gamer Nostalgia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add to this idea, adding an option if this is implemented to allow people to completely disable receiving voice messages. Myself and many others do NOT want the hassle of having to deal with voice messages. It takes much longer to listen to a voice message than it does to read a text message.

• AwesomeRens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, i really want to see this aswell. also to make pictures with kinect and attach them, or pictures from usb. would be great! =)

• NxtDoc1851 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion voice messages are very convenient. There is no excuse for the competition to have a last generation feature (As the 360 had voice messages the competition did not), and we now do not have voice messages and they do. Voice messages are quick and convenient. So people may have harassed, so then you file a complaint and move on. Not a big deal. And no, that is not what party chat was about, perhaps I just want to let my friend know something really quick, without joining a part. You may have not noticed but joining a party on XB1 takes longer to create than on the 360. VOICE MESSAGES +1

• Gamer Nostalgia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an extension to this idea. Where if this idea is implemented, an option will be as well, giving people to ability to disable receiving voice messages. Myself and many others just do NOT want to be bothered with the hassle that comes with voice messages. We cannot listen to them on Xbox.com or on the SmartGlass app. It takes further time to listen to a voice message than it does reading a text message.

Please & thank you!

• AG Bucky Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been brought up on the preview forums before. What is the point in voice messages? There isn't. It's a waste of time. The only people who send voice messages are raging kids from CoD and FIFA.

A 15 second audio clip wasn't enough and tbh it was an annoyance on 360 when a friend sent you a voice message.

That is what PARTY chat is about.

In this day and age, most of us TEXT through our phones. It is a few clicks away and faster.

Negative vote to this idea.

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base