Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ColonelAwesome9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, so much easier and quicker to send a small voice message than sending a text message, please bring this to the One.

• Cryoskill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea I like this idea. I like the Motorola connect feature from Google chrome, and a feature like this would be awesome to get notifications of texts on the console because it would really make things a lot easier than pausing the game the check your phone all the time

• xI 0RACLE Ix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or give us voice to text where what we say gets converted to text similar to how it functions on ios/android/wp

• aubs waz ear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I would like is a form of 'voice to text' in the messaging options, not just the 15 seconds of voice you had on the 360.
    Using the controller is awkward and smart glass take time to activate on a mobile or tablet.
    Being able to reply fast by 'voice to text' to a message sent to you is a MUST!

• BeIIy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this brought back too plus it could be integrated into the Smartglass app.
    When using the PSN app you can record voice messages using your phone to be sent to friends on PSN. Very convenient.

• ULTRAKORE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this be so difficult to play a voice message from the 360 on the One. Microsoft strongest asset in the console war is the community and keeping friends together on both platforms.

• HotTubMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing I would like to see on the Xbox one. No one has to use it if they don't want to, but having to sign into my 360 just to get a voice mail is just to inconvenient.

• BooBee NYC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I hate getting "To all recent players I'm hosting a hacked lobby..." it was a convenient feature.

• Sir Simon Mally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring it back. Can't believe it wasn't available from day one unless they expected everyone to use Skype

• Smoking Cobra I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring that back! It was something incredible when Halo 2 bring this option for the first time. Still is a most needed return.

• TiedGangstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for those who don't know usb keyboard can be plug in your xbox one to type messages quickly but XBOX ONE MUST HAVE VOICE MESSAGE I AGREE.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base