Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SquashyCarcass3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability for Gold members to send and receive voice messages, like the 360 has, is a much needed function for use on the One.

• IbraTheOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background n the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background

Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background n the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background Music in the background

• cnickcj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After writing this message with the controller then having to sign in and write the message all over again , i went to get my keyboard , but copy and paste support for the controller would be great (just needs a button on controller that allows for this feature),
    also voice to text would be a great feature and if this was present i wouldn't of needed to use a keyboard for this message , luckily i had a keyboard i could use ....

• zombees8mybrain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This looks to have been missed from the beginning and is just now available to on preview testers... Really? Can't you give us a definitive ETA? A lot of us have friends who have disabilities who can't type and it's easier to do a voice message.

• ScatMan1970 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are a lot of people who I still game with on the Xbox 360 I now have the Xbox one as well and believe I should be able to chat with them well on the Xbox one when they're on the Xbox 360 a lot of people don't have the Xbox one yet and it is not fair that I have to go on to my xbox 360 just to be able to chat with them this is an issue that needs to be resolved

• Thorsoccerking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it so one users can talk to 360 users threw voice messaging and party chat. Cant talk to a lot of my friends that cant get a one

• NERVI0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My dream is in see the 360 stile. And more...
    Send voice/text quick and with options of future enables in the present or with posibilities of make.
    a. Select convert text<>voice or all in same and if select text, can listen a voice (Cortana) reading text.
    b. Translate voice/text tranks to kinect, Cortana and Azure servers?
    c. Make recognition of the face / preset list of movements for quick communications to group with smiles icons.
    d. Multi Gamertag selection for send same message in snap window and friends hub.
    e. Add voice comments with messages in activities section with new entry or icon of voice comment in any activity.

I can continue with storm-ideas but better in other saturated comment.
    XD

• Rebelord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously the whole messaging system needs to be quick, and simple. The Xbox 360 had it almost perfect for quick access.

Currently I have to rely on having using laptop or Glass App on my Phone to be able to do any messaging because the Xbox One is so complicated, and slow to do anything for messaging.

It would be great if the Glass App message notification actually showed the message or a preview of it like an incoming text. I don't always want to open the Glass App to see a short message I don't need to reply to.

• JBDNMOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see a mass delete option for messages. It is time consuming to delete every message individually

• NERVI0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good, but need improvement in less steps for send message.
    I recommend:

1. Open friend list (full screen / snap screen).
    2. Select friend.
    3. Select directly 'send Voice message', 'send Text message', and yes... 'send video message' with Kinect.

Ps. In full screen can add other colum of chat text messages of group stile old IRC. But well, it is the power of friend list, that MS lost in the road.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base