Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Party chat should automatically reconnect when there is a problem.

When using party chat with friends, it's common for one or more of us to be suddenly disconnected from party chat. It'll sit there disconnected forever, or you can leave the party and rejoin and it'll work.

When you are in the middle of a multiplayer game, it's quite burdensome to do that.

But here's the thing: The Xbox knows my party chat is disconnected. Why isn't it trying to reconnect me? Why can't the xbox automatically restart the party connection for me? It's silly to make me do it manually.

1,008 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brad K 8 25 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • angelrodz11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually made a post about this because I didnt saw this one first... But this is my suggestion

Every time there is a problem with the internet I get completely disconected from the party chat and I have to leave the party and join again. While the party system directly sends you to setting to check your connection, it does not reconnects you to the party. I suggest that the party system have a automatic reconection every 5 sec or so when you get completely disconected, so that you dont have to leave the party. Also in would be great to get that option to be available to manually select when you dont want to wait for that 5 sec interval.

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a way to improve the experience the experience. Making it reconnect would eliminate the issue with the player having to stop playing to reconnect the chat. They could play on being confident that the problem would resolve itself.

• mac8936 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone on, often unreliable, university internet, this is a great idea! If I remember correctly the 360 could do this.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely support this idea. I remember on the 360 when I would lose internet connection, reconnect, and still get reconnected to my party.

• AIR IK BREATHES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I told them about this problem like back in November they just said to contact support when they know it was their fault!
    I specifically posted,
    "Please Fix The Party Chat Bug"
    It kicks us out of the party without any notification even if we are the host
    Then that Ms Valentine administrator deleted my post for no reason when it had like 20 votes.

• Wolfleader1173 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does reconnect, but it depends on NAT Type, Internet Speed, Connectability, and other internet-related factors.

• Sanana94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted! I hate when I get stuck in "Disconnected" and I have to manually try to join the party again!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base