Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

Allow Xbox 360 users to send invites to Xbox One players with Backward Compatibility

Hello. Right now Backwards Compatibility not very friendly to the community, since xbox 360 users cant invite xbox one users to games and parties. It works only other way around. Would be great if that issue would've been fixed.

1,830 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

shotakoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JA2620 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While in a 360 Game on Xbox One press the View and Menu buttons at the same time (3 lines and two window buttons) to bring up the 360 guide and party chat and invite to those on 360

• SightlessKombat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this fixed, as the Xbox ONe interface for invites for parties and games is currently far more accessible to those using Narrator than the emulated 360 dashboard. Please allow this to be a 2-way interaction.

• Aryotus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

then why did I PURCHASE AN XBOX ONE! The integration of 360 is causing huge XBO ISSUES. I dislike standing so negative on this, however compliance to the (crying peeps) vocals on this issue of wanting access from my 360 to XBO apps is ruining my limited time gaming experience. I have 1 solution for this, KEEP YOUR 360 / SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy an XBO AS I DID. Took me 15 days and 36 lrg trash bags of aluminum cans, I did it, so can you. Recycling paid for all 6 of my games. These (gotta be techy) help the winers so I FEEL important with a cause/up my followers/prove something/higher rating/techy/problem solver/ I can't get over you/ I can't get over me. THERE ARE WAY TO MANY O/S versions, the update didn't have a 60% 1st try success rate with 100% of the in use XBOs .

• DgW77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so for a game like NBA 2K16, I wouldn't be able to play against someone that has the 360?

• SiiLENT BUTTER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you meant while not in a backwards compatible game then thats not availabe, you must be in a bc game using 360 ui

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base