Parties & Multiplayer

Here you can find ideas and feature requests that affect how parties work and other multiplayer activities

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Parties & Multiplayer forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add an Upcoming Game Calendar App

It would be nice to have an app or a section on the dashboard to open a calendar that lists all of the upcoming games and DLC to the platform (if they are announced of course). This would be a great tool to everyone and help raise awareness of games and developers.

9,216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

127 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Audio / Voice Message and Not Only Text Message

On Xbox 360, we can send an audio message to friends .. it would be great to have it and to be able to read it on Smartglass and not only on Xbox 360/Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by darthshadow25, BBx RETALIATE, Post Up, FUN JOE, Girth Brooks1, and PrestoFriend531. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

274 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to set voice through speakers or headset like on the 360

It would be nice to re-route the voice audio like we could on the 360. Switching voice to play through Headset, Speakers, or both would be very useful to a lot of people who don't want to use the kinect. Now with the Xbox One shipping without the Kinect I feel that this is even more useful now than it has been previously on the Xbox One.

5,145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1156 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gamerpics from Xbox 360 upscaling to Xbox One

I Hate it only to see my owned Picture of Games like Gears of War for Seriously 1.0 or in other games as a small icon of a time where i said oh yeah this time is long ago and on the one it seems like graphik of a Commodore C64. I will have a upscaled version of it at Xbox one.
    Short version i will a upscaled Gamerpics on Xbox One from my 360 Game-Pictures. Only for the great moments that i never forget in my XBL.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from *D…

3,541 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let Xbox 360 users know what we're playing on Xbox One

Instead of making "On Xbox One" visible next to our friend's name that's using his/her Xbox why not write the name of the game or application they're using instead?

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar suggestion from CameronMines. Thanks, everyone!]

3,416 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix party chat and controller bugs

Parties with audio on XBO are extremely prone to failure and seem to use an overly complex digital audio system.

Please fix or improve:
    - Party chat audio failing when a controller dies and you switch to a new controller (EVERY time)
    - Party chat audio not working without a reboot (occasional to regular)
    - Join parties without snapping
    - Improve overall party and chat performance (speed, reliability)

Thanks for your hard work!

2,603 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kick people from party

Allow a party leader to kick people from the party

2,389 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Conversations System

Please change the message system to a conversations system! The current message system feels outdated and should be replaced by a conversation system that allows you to see all the messages you received and sent to a certain person.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by vDEACON. Thanks everyone!]

2,318 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. XBOX 360 Style Party Chat

Have the party chat as easily accessible as the XBOX 360 chat was. I hate having to choose a game to start a chat, rather than just opening up a party, and being able to send an invite to anyone in any other game.

2,303 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Party invites should expire when the party no longer exists

The 360 automatically gets rid of party invite messages when the person who sent them collapses the party or signs off. The One should as well.

2,266 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Increase the max size of an Xbox One party beyond 8

Currently the maximum size of a party is 8. Parties tend to fill up fast when playing games like FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4, when playing online with a full team in FIFA you are forced to split up into two separate parties since the game chat is temperamental. It would be much easier to get games organized if we were able to have more of our friends in the same place at once.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by H a T E o N M3 and KALAIDASCOPE. Thanks, everyone!]

2,263 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bringing back what was good!

It seems we all want the little things that made the 360 so good!

- easy party chat
    - easy QUICK access to friends
    - notifications specifically for messages & invites ect rather than 90+ game clips recorded mixed in!
    - private chatl
    - voice messages
    - I would love to have a bio back on my profile with a Motto ect
    - my own gamerpic
    - busy/away statuses
    - tell us how long friends have been offline for
    - we don't get Friend requests nomore or notifications someone has requested or followed

All these little things that have been…

2,220 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Game Event Calendar - Community Playdate, Game Night, Tournament, etc.

It would be great to offer an official "Game Event Calendar" for those interested in organising them privately (just Friends) or to the Public.

By allowing them to enter...

* Game Name and Image
    * Rules
    * Game Website
    * Prizes (If Any)
    * Date and Time
    * Save Image
    * Post to FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram etc from the Xbox One

A "Game Event Calendar" could allow gamers to search what Events will occur in the next month, search by game, time, date etc and join.

2,111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clan/Team/Group Support

A home hub for community clans and eSport clans/teams. A means to get friends in a team together, post up messages, notifications, game sessions, scrims etc up on a board.

Invite the team to games whether practice or scheduled matches.

A place a clan/team/group can feel like they belong and keep up to date with essentials.

Feel more involved as a community and a group of gamers. Think it's about time Xbox started to support this as a feature.

1,998 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bios and other social icons for Gamercards

I hope this is coming but we desperately need bios on the Xbox One. Right now there's no point in clicking someone's gamercard/profile because you learn nothing about them outside of what they played last. Even if people post uninteresting information, it's nice to read something about them.

And what I mean by social icons are things that you can display on your profile. The Xbox One gamercard is huge and it's a shame that we only get to show the tenure icon. Let people show off a certain Achievement icon or something on their gamercard/profile. Gamercards leave a lot…

1,591 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add on-screen indicator that shows who is talking in party

Add on-screen indicator who is talking in party. The feature will have options to set on one of 4 corners or disabled. It will only add a gamertag name on transparent background when person is talking as in many games, so it will be no more needed to have snapped party app when you don't know party member's voices.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from jabumaso. Thanks, everyone!]

1,578 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now when you join a party, the parties overlay will show you who in the party is speaking! Press the Xbox button to go to the quick menu, then go to the Parties section. Underneath your list of friends to invite, you’ll see a switch to turn on Party overlay. After you turn Party overlay on, you’ll choose a location for your overlay. Once completed, anyone talking in your party will appear in the overlay! More details here: https://news.xbox.com/2017/05/16/xbox-one-windows-10-arena-killer-instinct-system-updates/

17. Private Chat

We Need the Private Chat !!!

1,367 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Xbox, Snap friends"

There is no feature for this. Has great uses too.

"Xbox, snap friends"
    "Page down"
    "Invite Friend 11"

1,103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add player nationality to Gamercard

I'm leader of a German Clan and i'm always on the search for new members. Unfortunately not everyone in my clan speaks English fluently so we need German or Austrian members but if someone has a gamertag that doesnt show his nationality i need to ask for it by message and that is really annoying. It would be enough to just put a small flag in the Gamercard of all players that want to show what nationality they have.

1,078 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Facebook friend list integration

Integrate our Xbox Live friend list with Facebook so we know whom of my Facebook friends are on Xbox Live...

1,023 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now on the Xbox One, connect your Facebook account to your Xbox Live account to find your Xbox playing Facebook Friends. You only need to connect your account once via Facebook Login; if you’ve already gone through the steps on the Xbox app for Windows 10, iOS or Android, then you’re all set! Otherwise, now you have the option to log into your Facebook account from your Xbox One, making it easier to find more people to play games and have fun with. Go to Settings > Account > Linked social accounts > Link Facebook account. Note: If you’ve already linked your account in the Xbox App on Windows 10, this will already be set up! More information is available at Xbox Wire: http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/30/xbox-summer-update-starts-rolling/

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Parties & Multiplayer

Feedback and Knowledge Base