Parties & Multiplayer

Here you can find ideas and feature requests that affect how parties work and other multiplayer activities

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Parties & Multiplayer forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging, and other social experiences

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Skip Update & Stay "ONLINE" (Forever)

It's time to Update...

1. Start Update
    2. Skip & Stay Online
    3. Skip & Stay Online
    4. Skip & Stay Online
    5. Turn off Xbox

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to record Xbox Live party conversations

my friends and I have hilarious party conversations and i know im not the only one who would enjoy a feature to be able to record an xbox live party conversation, and be able to possibly add it to a video later in upload studio, that way the viewer can also understand more vividly what is going on!

3,766 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Xbox One private chats like on the Xbox 360

We Xbox live gamers on the Xbox One want private chats just like the Xbox 360. All the mods answering questions like this on xbox feedback are saying Xbox Live parties are the same as private chats but they're not private chats are one on one chats that you can join while you're in an Xbox Live party but nobody in the party can hear you unless you're in the private chat with the person in the party or you can be in a private chat with somebody that's not in the party. thank you.

2,582 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Party Join options

There should be a third option implemented in Party join options. They should be:

1) Open
    2) Invite Only
    3) Friends Only

Friends Only should be implemented and have the ability to choose whether or not to count friends of friends. I don't like being limited to accepting everyone or no one. I would like being able to restrict my party to only those I play with and anyone else requiring an invite. It's dumb that the only way to do this currently is to completely lock the party after having your friends join or invite them in after locking.…

2,258 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Xbox 360 users to send invites to Xbox One players with Backward Compatibility

Hello. Right now Backwards Compatibility not very friendly to the community, since xbox 360 users cant invite xbox one users to games and parties. It works only other way around. Would be great if that issue would've been fixed.

1,828 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Party passes that allow friends to join an invite-only party without an invitation

When enabling a "Party Pass" on any given player, the invite only setting would not apply to them. For example, if I create an invite only party, and my friend Joe does not have a Party Pass, he cannot gain access by himself, however, if Keith does have a Party Pass, he can join through any of my parties freely.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Party Passes" to further clarify the suggested idea.]

1,501 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Party chat with other players on your console

After my kids go to sleep my wife and I like to watch TV or play coop games together. We both have headsets so the game noise does not wake up the kids. The problem is that we can't talk to each other. We should be able to party chat between two controllers on the same console. That way we still hear the movie or game and still be able to talk between the headsets. Currently we can be in the same party but you can't hear the other controller.

1,303 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring Back "Invite To Game And Party"

The all in one invite feature we had before

1,251 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back shortcuts for party (like Xbox 360)

Hi there, can you bring back shortcuts on party app (like Xbox 360) ?!

x for leave party
    y for switch party chat/game chat

Seriously for swith to party chat or game chat this is so boring and long. With the shortcuts this is more fast and simple.

Please vote for this feedback ! Thank you. :)

1,253 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. JOIN ALERTS! Have the option to be notified when a player's game becomes joinable

I hate having to constantly check my friends list, opening their gamer card, and then seeing if they are joinable. A great alternative to this would to implement join alerts! Basically when you open a gamer card of a player or friend, you can set it to alert you the next time that player is in a joinable game. Maybe even make it to where you can set a certain amount of times (e.g. Alert me when *blank* becomes joinable for the next *blank* games), or even set it to where it will still alert you even if that player…

1,174 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Party chat should automatically reconnect when there is a problem.

When using party chat with friends, it's common for one or more of us to be suddenly disconnected from party chat. It'll sit there disconnected forever, or you can leave the party and rejoin and it'll work.

When you are in the middle of a multiplayer game, it's quite burdensome to do that.

But here's the thing: The Xbox knows my party chat is disconnected. Why isn't it trying to reconnect me? Why can't the xbox automatically restart the party connection for me? It's silly to make me do it manually.

1,007 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Age Matchmaking

I'm tired of being matched up with 8 - 13 yr olds on a M rated game, is there a way to enforce Esrb by ones birthday on consoles?

798 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why do we have wait five minutes to see our Recent Players?

When I finish playing quick games with gamers that's not on my Friend's List sometimes I want to send the a message. But it'll take them 5 minutes to show up on our Recent Player list. Can y'all make their Gamertags show up right away, like on the 360?

798 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When you mute someone, they can still hear you.. change it so they can't

I mute people who are [Mod Removed] to me, so I can go on in the party and completely ignore them. But they can still hear my voice. It was perfect on the 360, why is it different now?

703 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add "press x to invite to game and y to invite to party" to friends list snap please

Add press x to invite to game and y to invite to party to xbox friends list and snap would save alot of time then having to open the users profile each time also add voice messaging please

704 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow 'Favorites Only' option for players auto-joining parties and games

I'd like to be able to restrict the people who can auto-join my party chat and games to Favorites only, and not just friends. Others should require invites.

I don't necessarily want everyone I "follow" to be able to jump into my chats and games, but I don't want to give up the convenience of this feature for those who I play with daily.

616 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Separate players and multiplayer into "Adult" and "Children" based on an age verification system

I am tired of hearing annoying children, and little kids that almost constantly make my multiplayer experience far less enjoyable on Xbox Live. These children/and little kids, mostly children age 10-15 years old: scream loudly into their microphone, yell when killed in-game, make very annoying sounds, and from time to time may even quit right in the middle of an ongoing game.

I do not understand the lack of maturity in some of these children, and always find myself asking myself why these little kids lack both maturity, and respect for other players.

My idea is simple Microsoft needs to…

501 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. List Joinable Parties when launching the Party App

I sign on and want to know if I have friends in a party and, if so, want to join them. It would be great if the party app listed available parties to join in addition to the "Start Party" option.

523 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to Include a Message With Party and Game Invites

In years gone by we've seen many things on on the xbox one and the 360 updated. Invites has never been anything i can remember being changed in such a manner that we can look back and say remember a time before we had this.

Game and party invites can't never tell you enough infomation about what the person wants you to join the party or game for. You could be looking for groups in games, trying to meet new people. Or just needing some simple assistance. 100% of the time i see a random invite off a stranger i…

497 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Being able to promote

Should have the ability to promote somebody else in the party to the party leader, in case the original leader has to go do something for a while and would like someone else in control of the party.

366 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Parties & Multiplayer

Feedback and Knowledge Base