Find ideas for managing your profile, achievements, or using game hubs

Bring back Offline Achievements

I don't know why Xbox removed offline achievements on Xbox One but it's completely ludicrous. Anyone who doesn't want to or can not connect to Xbox Live is being duped out of part of the basic service of the Xbox console. It is completely unfair and I think the ability to unlock achievements offline should be reinstated as soon as possible.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from WayzoftheRaven. Thanks everyone!]

6,311 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

eckybocky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

384 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jugzz McBulge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over the past year I’ve been getting *** over on achievements when playing offline. They used to pop right when I hook back online but now nothing is showing up! Around the May update of 2016 nothing would track anymore while I played offline. It’s like Microsoft *** people over like me when playing offline! They really messed up by not bringing offline achievements back like the 360...I’m beyond *** right now. Hopefully there will be an update that fixes this crap or brings back offline achievements.

• chromeskull48 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If they dont ima sell this peice if *** and never buying anything else from Microsoft boycott sumthabitches

• Ryanenglfc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yer this is crazy to be honest it was fine on xbox 360 getting achievements offline whys it gone back on the old console lolz really need this updating how many votes before something is done about it?

• KILLA BZZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a *** joke if anyone asks me like, I completed far cry primal on hardcore or what ever it's got anyway I done the lot on that game off line and it's just totally *** me off like I'm some *** who dose stuff for nothing na bra give me the G init danm

• HellKnight20000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem, i complete outlast 2 on insane, but no achievement for it cuz it was offline, they used to pop automatically or atleast store untill you got internet...totaly *** me off

• HeavensPIMP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup I agree, this is total BS. I didn't even know this was an issue until now. My Comcast is down for a few hours, and I wanted to take a look at my achievements for Cup Head, and nope, there's absolutely no way to view them without internet. That's absurd.

Why Microsoft, why!

• MrSh4W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't understand why this was disabled I mean not everyone has access to the Internet, bring it back Microsoft

• Dehkia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this system back to Xbox One . It was great on Xbox 360 , and also the saves and data syncing are requiring to be online for sometimes and I think saving system on 1 , needs to be better working when you're offline .

• K ralzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much appreciate this as well. I don't understand why this is not already present.

• JM7840 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I live in an area with poor internet, since the time of buying an xbox one and completing 5 games 100% offline (arkham series and tomb raider), finally get Internet back running and go on xbox live to see very few achievements on my gamertag! How is this fair, I'm getting punished for others dishonesty?!!

• TelDonJuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea exactly. We pay $500 for a console but can't enjoy the games we pay for if our internet goes out or can't connect for reasons beyond our control. Horrible business model by some exec who likely doesn't even play.

• JoPlayer107 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes it's really disappointed that you can't earn achievements when you are playing offline. The most people on the world aren't have a good internet connection and they must play offline. So it's really important that we get the offline achievements back.

• Lady Harlequinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From the support site "You only have 72 hours before its gone pretty much
    If a completed achievement hasn't appeared online after 72 hours, your console may not be connected to Xbox Live. If you completed an achievement or challenge while offline, you won't receive related notices or rewards until you connect to Xbox Live. Once you connect to Xbox Live, try unlocking the achievement again."

Your only option is to play the achievement again. Honestly makes no sense and it's cost me hours of wasted gameplay, even though I am enjoying the game a lot it still sucks and I've got tons of other games I need to get done.
    Had I known this was an issue before I never would of bothered to play new games while we didnt have internet. What a way to enjoy your purchases.

• SingingCoyote13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know i played skyrim for weeks offline when it was
    possible somehow to login online afterwards and start
    the game to get scored achievements.... it didnt seem to work
    anymore i found out after checking the achievements
    (that was a few months ago)
    but i had already saved over the old games when i found out
    now i have some 200 till 500 points unreachable with my character
    because of this . or i need to restart the game and these quests
    actually the entire alduin and main dragonborn quest.
    now i found this out i play online skyrim.
    this also happened with batman telltale series
    for previous years you could play offline and then go online
    and then go online and restarting the game and it loaded
    and accuired you the achievements recently earned.
    now that is also disabled

• zerniko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deberían luego implementar esta función que es fundamental en consolas Xbox. Tengo un amigo que no tiene conexión a Internet y posee PS4 y XboxOne y compra todos sus juegos Multi Plataforma para PS4 ya que le gusta obtener los logros en PS4, y es precisamente debido a que no hay que estar conectado para eso.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base