Find ideas for managing your profile, achievements, or using game hubs

Bring back Offline Achievements

I don't know why Xbox removed offline achievements on Xbox One but it's completely ludicrous. Anyone who doesn't want to or can not connect to Xbox Live is being duped out of part of the basic service of the Xbox console. It is completely unfair and I think the ability to unlock achievements offline should be reinstated as soon as possible.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from WayzoftheRaven. Thanks everyone!]

6,472 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

eckybocky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

393 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RomuloPF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't know that while i was playing Ryse because my internet was offline... I was at the middle of the game and then discovered about not working offline achievements.

My solution? When my home internet goes offline i tether my 4G from my phone, just to have basic connection so i can play single player games and have my achievement being recorded..

Please put a cache of the installed games offline so you can play offline and sync the achievements when become online.

• Ckroko83 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should be something similar to the offline profile mode of ps4 and that the games are also saved offline without needing the cloud at least until the online profile is connected and synchronized

• maddin dlx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought a ps4 because earning achievements was broken for me....and that's just sad.

• maddin dlx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought a ps4 because earning achievements was just broken for me....and that's just sad.

• Odragde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it that this hasn’t been fixed? Come on MS, hurry up an patch the damn console so we can get offline achievements!

• PiMaC1985 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to stop with the "always online" thing. Let us enjoy fully our games offline if we want to. Just store the achievements data in the memory until its connected to the internet, its certainly not that complicated. You redesigned completely the HUD for the Xbox One X, I mean...come on

• xxxAceKingPinxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with offline gaming without the necessity to be connected to some moron interested in my video gaming fantasies n dreams of course ideas, woman who was here first. Stfu man was!

• Jugzz McBulge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over the past year I’ve been getting *** over on achievements when playing offline. They used to pop right when I hook back online but now nothing is showing up! Around the May update of 2016 nothing would track anymore while I played offline. It’s like Microsoft *** people over like me when playing offline! They really messed up by not bringing offline achievements back like the 360...I’m beyond *** right now. Hopefully there will be an update that fixes this crap or brings back offline achievements.

• chromeskull48 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If they dont ima sell this peice if *** and never buying anything else from Microsoft boycott sumthabitches

• Ryanenglfc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yer this is crazy to be honest it was fine on xbox 360 getting achievements offline whys it gone back on the old console lolz really need this updating how many votes before something is done about it?

• KILLA BZZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a *** joke if anyone asks me like, I completed far cry primal on hardcore or what ever it's got anyway I done the lot on that game off line and it's just totally *** me off like I'm some *** who dose stuff for nothing na bra give me the G init danm

• HellKnight20000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem, i complete outlast 2 on insane, but no achievement for it cuz it was offline, they used to pop automatically or atleast store untill you got internet...totaly *** me off

• HeavensPIMP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup I agree, this is total BS. I didn't even know this was an issue until now. My Comcast is down for a few hours, and I wanted to take a look at my achievements for Cup Head, and nope, there's absolutely no way to view them without internet. That's absurd.

Why Microsoft, why!

• MrSh4W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't understand why this was disabled I mean not everyone has access to the Internet, bring it back Microsoft

• Dehkia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this system back to Xbox One . It was great on Xbox 360 , and also the saves and data syncing are requiring to be online for sometimes and I think saving system on 1 , needs to be better working when you're offline .

• K ralzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much appreciate this as well. I don't understand why this is not already present.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base