Find ideas for managing your profile, achievements, or using game hubs

Use Kinect Camera To Take A Picture For Gamerpic

We had this feature on xbox 360 now we have a1080p camera i think it would be cool to take ya own gamer pic and if you get flagged for any inappropiate picture suspend account as microsoft sees fit and ban account from ever adding a picture of any kind through kinect.. or some tyoe of punishment

1,438 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sWc II SHEEM II shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • holliebabe25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PlayStation has this option(gaystation) not fair *kicks fit* let everyone share their awesome mugshots❕❗❕

• ArminatorX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, they should bring that back.
    To "avoid" getting flagged right away, the 360 did show the custom camera picture ONLY to mutual friends from your friend list.
    If someone wasn't your friend, the photo wouldn't show.
    I think that was a neat idea.

• Flemo 89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i always thought the kinect would be used to scan our face into games onto the characters with the high rez and tech in the cam....sadly the only time ive seen this done was early on in the 360s life before kinect was around with the standard xbox vision webcam in the game rainbow six, why do they make these things and then not use them, i really dont understand it. the vision was used for more advanced things then kinect....how did they let that happen?!

• PsychoticCpu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The second they allow this 50% of the player base will have *** for their gamerpics...
    This isnt going to happen, let it go

• FATAL FINESSE23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have more options
    with the Kinect..if their not going to have more games for the kinect at least we can use the camera

• Reconatior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support this because I did this with the vision camera on the 360. Send out messages to my friends with strange faces and what i was eating or drinking. Then 8 other bought a V cam also and uno on the 360.

For people that thinks it isnt a good idea havent experienced the fun of social entertainment back in the days

• RomanGOTYA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say an excellent idea. To discurage any in appropriate and vulger pictures of a sexual nature, there could be a punishment of a 6 month (first offence) 1 year (second offence) then lifetime ban from Xbox all across the board 360 and one and any other system that comes out after this.

• Archange1 M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its lame how we all have the same gamer pic. Wouldn't it be awesome to use the kinect to take Pictures and customize the photo to make your very own gamer pic.

• ACTION MAN 00 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We could do This on the Xbox 360 camera but we can't do this on Xbox one kinect camera. I would like to be able to take a picture of me and put it as my profile picture, that would be nice.

• Orpheus Elene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like customization and i hate to have the same profile picture everyone has. i think this is a great idea.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base