Find ideas for managing your profile, achievements, or using game hubs

Allow gamer pictures to be unlocked with achievements

Developers should be allowed to include custom gamer pictures as rewards for unlocking achievements in their games.

Much like unlocking avatar awards, we should be able to use unlocked gamer pics over the default ones included in the xbox one.

Since we are unable to buy gamer pictures like on the Xbox 360, it would add more personalization and replay ability for games which would allow gamers to strive to unlock certain gamer pictures that we can use to show off to our friends.

4,047 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NakedMuffinTime shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TelDonJuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a cool idea. Would be just like unlocking skins for weapon challenges in CoD or GoW.

• RnB Crew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved that feature on Xbox 360 and it would be nice to bring it back on Xbox One.

• pawncrackers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature come back, too! It would also be ideal, if MS were to offer special exclusive gamerpics at events, using a 5x5 or QR code. :)

• Murphs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the reason this has not happened is more on devs and not Microsoft. They allowed devs to do this on 360, I just think gamer pics are a niche audience so devs don't think about it. Reach out to your favorite developers and email/tweet them these ideas.

• Dexter XBA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. We really need more gamerpictures in general on Xbox One and unlockable gamerpictures were a great feature on Xbox 360 already and I'd love to see this happening on Xbox One, too.

• bigbear XBA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very solid idea that would add motivation to spend a little more time with a game. Or drive sales for weaker offerings with cool gamer pics.

• DarqStalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over the years I've seen suggestions to get some sort of trophy (much like a platinum trophy on PS) for 100% completing all the achievements for a game. How about some sort of gamerpic related to the game as a reward?

My initial idea was to create some sort of system where Gamerpics were sought after and people would want to collect as many as possible (The post the other day about gamerpics looking like POGS prompted this idea). By having them as a reward for 100% completing all the achievements in a game, it would give incentive to more people to go after achievements, while giving those that already do an extra little bonus. Some gamerpics would be rarer than others and also give a way to immediately showoff your most prized completion.

I understand that this would be an option the dev/publisher would have to take advantage of and therefore not every game would have a gamerpic to offer.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was done with games on the 360; I don't know if this just isn't an option on the One or if game makers just aren't doing it. I'm game for it. I'd also love the option to use some of the achievement images as gamer pictures (even ones on the Xbox 360).

• Chief MaC UG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, keep in mind that instead of the actual achievement as your gamerpic, you would get a notification like "gamerpic unlocked". Similar to when you'd play DOOM on the 360, where they would give you a gamerpic from playing the game.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base