Find ideas for managing your profile, achievements, or using game hubs

Split DLC achievements from main game achievements

Make it so that any achievements from DLCs that you don't own aren't included in the main game achievement list, instead they have separate achievement lists so they do not corrupt completion for games just because you havent bought some DLC.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from Milestgs. Thanks everyone!]

1,862 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Possante shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SqueezieBub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, MS, this needs to happen & should have happened a very long time ago. You practically invented the achievement/trophy idea but yet nearly nothing has been done to achievements at all let alone to distinguish main game achievements apart from DLC achievements. Why should we have to look at achievements for content we dont want to pay extra for? Now I know I'm reaching here & it will never happen but I also feel that multiplayer achievements should also be separated from single player content because not everyone plays the online content in a mainly single player game. Mostly because games that have traditionally been 1 player campaign games usually (not always but mostly) have been garbage. It stinks when we have worked our tail off for every single achievement in a single player game but it doesnt show that way because of the "multiplayer" achievements. In any case please get this done. It cant be that difficult. I mean Sony has had this implemented into it's console for a long while now & it looks so nice & clean. Not to mention made a lot of people happy. Your WAY overdue, Microsoft. Please catch up with the present. Thanks.

• Kazru88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PlayStation does this. You (Microsoft) practically invented the gaming achievement realm, but you've done little to advance it except trying out challenges and app achievements. Which were terrible ideas and I'm glad they are gone. Get this implemented!

• E1Maestr0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please include this in the next update and add something like platinum after obtaining the main game 1000 GS Please .

• PiMaC1985 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should definitly has been done with the new xbox one dashboard. It's always a mess to know which belong to the OG game and what's DLC. Please implement this MS!

• Cpt Sanguinary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked to find how awful to navigate xbox one dash is. Then to add insult to injury I saw the appalling achievement menu. I have a ps4 and love the dash on their, I bought the xbox one for back comp as I still have 360 games. What was wrong with the old 360 dash? Sure it needed a polish but not this abortion of a front end.

• TelDonJuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Great example of pay to play. If I don't want the DLC and work to complete it, I shouldn't have to see the other 1500 GS because I didn't want to shell out another $60 for content that could have been included in the first place. DLC comes out within 3 months now and is just a way to real people in...

• Wolfie McG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be done already, most people who truly care about achievements would most likely love this.

• Dan Tekka Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why are you not listening xbox devs?, this is a good idea. playstion done a brilliant job of this. let us have what we ask for.

• mcwizardry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted, great idea. Some games with long achievement lists like Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 3 would benefit from this.

• DarethPL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes.
    I must agree as well. I have been very disappointed after the update to see that all games I have accomplished, are in fact not completed !
    DLC packs that I don't intend to even buy are included in the total score.
    That is simply put nice trick to push the gamers to keep buying the dlcs if they want have nice stats....

• Kirschediebin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh my gosh, please. It's such a simple fix! Show the main game achievement status, and then when you select the game to go into higher detail, you'll see this:

Main game: 100%
    DLC 1: 80%
    DLC 2: 0%

• JosXOMassEffect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft make this happen this year 2017, this is DEFINITELY a top priority feature for most of Xbox One gamers. This is needed ASAP!!! Latest Achievements rarity update was a beautiful, great addition to the system, now with this one the Achievements System in Xbox will know the LEVEL OF PERFECTION!!! Thanks a lot Microsoft.

• Genghis Dav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing that now devalues achievements for me... nothing more annoying than spending hours getting every retail achievement to see the 100% completion come up only to find you're sitting at 80% a few days later as some DLC I did not buy or have no intention of buying has been added

• pithiviers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seperate the main game & dlc achievements like sony does on its ps network please. it's all messed up on Xbox side. Please improve the achievement system you intruce back in 2005.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base