Find ideas for managing your profile, achievements, or using game hubs

Achievements as Gamerpics

There should be an option to use any unlocked achievement as your profile's gamer pic. This would be a great way to show off one of your toughest accomplishments, or at the very least, give players better customization options for their profile. Personally, I know I've unlocked many achievements that came with a pretty cool image, along with a good amount that I wish I could rub in my friends' faces whenever they looked at my bio.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from Dannmann188. Thanks everyone!]

2,670 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Di5turb3d One shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • choppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be a great feature. Who doesn't love to show off their hard earned achievements ?

• Ultimate Waifu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Achievements have high resolution and some have beautiful art alot of people miss out,people will play way more to unlock achievement for the games they love so they can crop a part of an achievement to use it as a gamerpic! It will show how dedicated you are to a game and it will also make achievements more meaningful.

• xXDemonBlad3Xx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to use any of my hard earned Achievements from both Xbox One and Xbox 360 as a Gamer Pic. Every achievement earned is already tied to your account so it'd make sense wouldn't it? Also, it gives more personalization options. I've played about 185 Xbox 360 games upon dozens of Achievements earned. And I've played 20 Xbox One games with so much more achievements earned. Since Xbox 360 games are now being supported on Xbox One why not the all achievements we've already earned but we'd be able to do so much more than just earning more achievements.

• Emzx99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We already get a lot of concept photos, and let's be honest a lot of them would make awful gamerpics because they aren't meant to fit in that small space. They're there to be enjoyed in full view. But making icons like they did on 360 and tying them with the concept art when the achievement is unlocked? We get a huge boost to the amount of gamer pics, and a lot more variety that's already screened for appropriate content without the hassle of user created pictures. Wouldn't mind "the dark soul" achievement as my icon. Or maybe something in Halo 5 where Buck doesn't have his helmet on (Nathon Fillion is too pretty to hide behind a helmet)

I remember when a gamepic was something unique to you, none of my friends ever had the same one. And now we're all picking the same ones with similar art styles. Looks a little boring, time to mix it up with something easy to implement.

• Metalrodent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the range of options is quite nice I feel it would be better if there were still more choices for gamerpictures.

However, as we can now use achievement art as a background, how about the ability to crop them down as we want into gamerpictures?
    They wouldn't be inappropriate as the original art would already have passed and it could let people be a lot more individual.

• clxbrgdxtrx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea that we can choose a specific square area from the achievement art and make it our gamerpic.

• Di5turb3d One commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, surprised to see this got as much attention as it did, so let me elaborate some more since a few people don't see it the same way I do.

On 360, it could be as simple as going to your achievements and seeing a button command to "assign as gamer picture." On Xbox One, it would basically be the same, but bring you to an editing page where you can crop and scale whatever part of the image you want into place. That way, you won't have to scroll through potentially thousands of gamer pic images, it's just a few convenient button presses and done!

• THEGOREMASTER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh wow, I was just posting about this.
    Yes please do this , tons of great high quality images wasted on background and showcase only options when it can be used as gamer pics, making achievements even more meaningful than ever before because if you want that certain image, your going to have to bust your... to get it.
    like gears seriously gpic, or mass effect, or the good God you have no life, Serah gpic from FF13.

• A1 KILL SAUCE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here specifically to request this but looks like its already here, would really love this idea since there is really a pretty limited amount of available gamerpics and I always see duplicates on my friends list which is kind of a pet peeve of mine, but this would help peoples profiles be more unique. I know the dimensions of the gamer pictures is vastly different than the achievement pictures so the achievement picture would be pretty distorted and tiny if it was simply copied over. So maybe there could be a crop function similar to the what Facebook has it when you are trying to change your profile picture.

• MaritalMercury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS may release new profile picture when you accomplish some particular achievements like 'Shadow of Mordor' which is full of challenges. Last day I get a image background , so they could do the same with profile picture

• Ghryphon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, as long as the ones we can use don't include secret achievements.

• Riekopo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really great way to increase the amount of options we have for gamerpics and incentivize achievement gathering!

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base