Find ideas for managing your profile, achievements, or using game hubs

Change The Minimum Age for Custom Gamerpics

Why on Earth do I have to be 18 to apply a custom gamerpic. Please change it to a minimum of 15 as that's your target audience anyway. I want to be able to customize my account to the fullest as I have paid for your system in the first place and want to be able to use all of the features available to me. Thank you in advance.

375 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yz Crimson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • UnsinfulAssasin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm 17. Old enough to play mature games but still a child in Microsoft's eyes. I would love a custom gamerpic, but I understand why they are limited. Lots of inappropriate things I'm sure.

• FHBiv 2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There shouldn't be any age limit on anything, if there isn't a way to change the account age. Also, if the gamerpic is inappropriate, it can be reported, out of the 6 reporting categories, player picture is one of them, SPECIFICALLY player picture. I shouldn't see a single age limit on Xbox anywhere, until age can be changed, FIX IT NOW MICROSOFT.

• EPICinfused commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yh ik i surpass the age limit but by making a mistake in account creation and not realizing my mistake my Xbox recognizes me as a child and i cant utilize custom gamerpics

• Skywalk3r03 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im a adult account and im a valid age yet i cant change it so allow it for all ages whats the big deal but still a big fan of microsoft i love the xbox one

• BeautifulSky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS!!! So ridiculous that trolls or smurf accounts can just go around this and make a new fake account with a fake date of birth but honest, legit people/ accounts have to wait months or years to access. Even accounts where the DOB was changed from underage to adult through VERIFICATION through MICROSOFT STILL cannot upload custom gamerpics. They use the original DOB, even if your DOB was verified and corrected to be over 18. Makes ZERO sense whatsoever.

• CrampedJeans967 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you know you can HACK any ATM Machine?!!!

Email Address:
    my_tech_center@tech-center.com

We have a special programmed ATM Card that can be use to hack ATM Machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe at stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 on ATM and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores with POS.

And also if you are in need of any other Cyber hack services, We are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:
    BALANCE - PRICE
    $15,000 - $650
    $25,000 - $1200
    $40,000 - $1900
    $55,000 - $2700
    $100,000 - $5200

The prices include the Shipping Fees and Charges, Order Now: Contact us via:

Email Address:
    my_tech_center@tech-center.com

Viber Chat.
    +1 5188411679
    Tech Center Hacks.

• Ghost13145 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I pay my hard earned for a premium service, where i cant even have my own custom gamerpic, thats a joke. Sure there are those who will make their profile pic innapropriate but they'll get gamerpic locked and won't be able to change their's, and thats just. This is comparable to the time when your teacher kept the whole class in because some *** wrote something on the board and won't own up to it. I just want to make my profile picture a picture of my favourite footballer but nope, microsoft just take my money and give me below par services.

• VeeDubleYou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The target audience is definitely not 15. I can't speak for Microsoft's strategy, but the average age of console gamers is 35.

• M Slender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it's necessarily because people under 18 are too immature to have custom pics. Someone else touched upon it, but I think it has to do more with a minor possibly putting a pic of themselves, and the possibility of online predators.

• Drakken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Growing up happens faster than you think. Just wait and see. There are laws about this. You can't argue the law.

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of the comments in this request show why the custom pics are reserved only for 18+ like live features

• GenjiMadaMada03 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it annoying that i cant change my gamer pic to a gaming character that is from a game i play because 'im not a mature age' seriously, the custom gamer pics go through a verification anyways so why is this age restricted? Someone could want to put up Something like Sonic the Hedgehog as their gamer pic but cant because they're not 18.
    Or a character from Overwatch
    Like Genji or Lucio, but cant because its age restricted.
    This is a problem that shouldn't even exist but it does because of how we cant express our interests in certain games on Xbox or windows based on our age. You guys over at xbox check these pics to make sure they're ok, cant you do the same for people who are at least 13 years of age?

• Siivil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah for real, I want to change my profile picture to my logo but apparently, I'm too immature for that... It honestly is a silly idea but I can kind of see where Microsoft is coming from, there are a lot of kids who would put their faces and if it somehow got through Xbox's verification thing then, unfortunately, older people online may take advantage of that. There are also legal reasons that may be involved. But I think it should be lowered to around 14 or 15, because 14-18 are what the mojority of the Xbox Live community is today.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base