~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Background Downloads

Alright I would like to see this feature return. My Xbox One is left in energy saving mode to avoid the hassle of Packet Loss. When I say Background Downloads meaning whatever games are installing you don't need the console itself to be in standby mode. I enjoyed this feature on the Xbox 360 however there's always room to improve upon this feature. If Background Downloads could be done in Energy Saving Mode and install whatever Updates are needed, Installing Games, and even Console Updates that'd be cool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get rid of the hud when viewing game clips

Since the new update, when watching game clips, the hud with the play/share/like buttons stays up for 3-5 seconds after you start playing a game clip. It's distracting and gets in the way of the action I'm trying to watch. Have the hud disappear immediately upon the clip being played, with the option of having the hud being displayed by moving the joystick.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If your gamertag was allowed, it should get a free change if it later suspended

So if we pay for a gamertag that was allowed through code of conduct, we should get a free change if it was later suspended. I have had friends who have a name for awhile then all of a sudden, the gt has been reset. I just encountered this problem. I assume my gamertag was just reported too many times because of iron banner going on.(Destiny2; if you played against my clan, I'm a fairly decent player) Players will just report other players just for beating them in a game. When this happens, I shouldn't have to put more money…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accounts & Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop powering up console without consent

What is the purpose of the Xbox One powering on without user interaction? This behaviour is not consented to by acceptance of the EULA in the US. There is no option to prevent this behaviour by the owner. There is no mention of this behaviour in the documents Microsoft provides to consumers.
    Why is Microsoft wasting my power with no prior disclosure?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Hardware & Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xbox One console giveaways

You should do giveaways for Xbox One's, this will help the people in poorer conditions to receive the same type of services as the richer people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Hardware & Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A Region-Free Kinect

TL:DR I cannot use voice commands in Kinect from UAE region even though it is an Xbox Live region. A few games cannot be purchased from the Xbox 360 Marketplace on PC but I need to buy them from the physical console. (Read: Tough to get my monthly X360 Games with Gold if I am away from home)

The customer support representative is always so eager and happy to help. I have no grievances about that. The problem is that customer reps don't have sufficient power to solve my queries.

In my case, I have the problem of being "region…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox one account Banned

Hello my name Brandon I have xbox one account that is permented banned   can please unbanned me . I been stressing out on this for like 3 mouth. I spent so much money like 6000$ plus in game content  . I have been with xbox with 8 year with this account  I wont do anymore  refund please I just want my account  back. I did not mean what I did please the account that banned Gamertag  is XxCraZyKil1erxX

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox.com & Xbox websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Portal Zombie Annihilation.

Imagine being able to use "Orange Box" "Portal" mechanics with Zombie destroying fun. Create fires and portal pitfalls. Be able to create a portal above nearby lakes or flood entire cities to flush out the zombie threats. Toss a bomb into a portal to divert oncoming herds. Remove support corners of high rises to crush or block a herd. Or simply escape to high ground when things are going awry. The possibilities are endless. A little futuristic inclusion of weapons top it off. Temporary Shields, high jumping boots, wall crawling grappling gear, gliding suits, Drone attacks and more. This game…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Yourself!Fitness

The original Xbox had a great fitness program called Yourself!Fitness. It would awesome to have that game added to the Xbox One Backwards compatibility list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Connection between mobile phone screen and xbox TV output

Connection between mobile phone screen and xbox output

this is very cool to use your mobile phone screen like a tv when playing xbox games :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Hardware & Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Communication ban

Do communication bans even let you know how long your banned, give you, a warning or do they just permanently ban you?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. HEEEEEEELLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Quick question I need to find out how many communication suspensions
    Until permanent ban

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. XBox Support Live Chatroom Tab

I have recently had this issue on a Samsung Tab A using Android with Google Chrome Browser... Was using the online chat support when i accidently hit the back button on my tablet and wa closed out of the chat tab, which i sadly did 3 times lol. * On every device, operating system, and browser, the user should be asked "Do with to close the current tab and lose any progress: Yes or No". That way there is no accidental exits of chat and forcing the customer to explain the issue again and work with a new assistant that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Spotify

Have cd's open in spotify instead of groove. If grooves dead bury it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Xbox force changed my gamertag less than 24 hours I payed for it and didn't refund me.

My gamertag was force changed by the xbl enforcement team less than 24 hours after i payed 10 dollars for a gamertag change. Xbox gave me a generic gamertag after the force change and didn't refund me of my 10 dollars or give me a free change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accounts & Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Get Microsoft To Convince Rockstar Games To Make An Xbox One Version Of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

GTA: Liberty City Stories has no Original Xbox or Xbox 360 version, so it can't be made Backwards Compatible for Xbox One. The only way for this game to end up on Xbox One is for Rockstar Games to go back and make a copy of the game that is made specifically for Xbox One. However, Rockstar Games won't do this for no reason, they need a motivator, so that's what this petition is for, to get Microsoft to be that motivator for Rockstar Games. This petition is to get an Xbox One version of GTA: Liberty City Stories made.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Xbox One console giveaways

You should do giveaways for Xbox One's, this will help the people in poorer conditions to receive the same type of services as the richer people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base