~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make internet downloading possible.

If there is a file manager, then why can't we download stuff from the internet? I'm gonna take minecraft as an example. You are able to download worlds from the internet on android/IOS and windows 10. I tried whatever i could, but there was no easy OR official way to download files. For me the file manager app is kind of useless, since the only thing you can really do is import files via a USB stick. This can be easier, right?

Oh, and another small request in case this is gonna be a thing, can you add support for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No loot boxes for new Careers achievement

With the up coming achievements. I know people think loot boxes are good for cosmetics only but we see how even there grid is artificially increased to use bordem to drive cosmetic loot box sales (Destiny 2?).

This careers looks like an attempt to justify the use of gambling euphoria. (Ok no money exchange but same psychological mechanics used still)

A better idea: just tell us what the reward item will be and let us players decide if it is worth investing our time into getting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recycle games bought on console

I was wondering would Xbox ever recycle bought games from the games store? Like I have a £50 ww2 game on my console which I completed in a day! Now if this game was on disk I’d be able to trade it in a game shop for another new game the same price.. now that made me think.. would Xbox ever think about letting there customers recycle their old bought games for a new on on their console? For a game that is the same price range.. would be a great idea! It’s a shame to see our games not…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remote Streming Function on XBOX APP

The XBOX application for WIN10 is great and has good funcinalities. Playing the game via streaming on your network is great, but it would be incredible if you could play remotely (without hassling or adapting to it). I'd like to play remotely directly from my desk at my lunch hour, or when I'm in a hotel room streaming directly from my XBOX that's in my house.
    It would be like TeamViwer ... you get it?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox On Windows 10 PCs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4K textures as DLC instead of updates

With the One X comes massive 4K patches. Most of the space used by these is, AFAIK, for textures. My suggestion is that instead of having these as part of a patch they are distributed as DLC. Then you can choose yourself if you want to use them or not and still get the other enhancements for the X without spending hundreds gigs of harddrive space on just one game.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VR

Please please PLEASE have Xbox VR! It doesn’t have to be an Xbox manufactured VR set, you could partner with HTC Vive or Oculus Rift! Just please have some kind of VR for Xbox!!!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Hardware & Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kodi

BRING BACK KODI PLEASE!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Windows 10 and Xbox One gamesharing

Here's the thing. At the moment you can only gameshare over xbox.

My situation is, I want to play a game with a friend on PC but they don't have much money, so I want to gameshare with them. Here is what I want to to: buy a game on xbox and gameshare normally through the home xbox thing, then they sign into their computer and because the home xbox is sharing with their profile, they will be able to access it on their pc.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox On Windows 10 PCs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Electric Shadow Controller

A controller like the ocean, volcano and dawn shadow controllers. But a faded yellow colour

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Hardware & Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Games with gold

Tomb raider underworld via xbox games with gold free. Can't download strait to xbox one. Apparenty I would need to get it on a 360 first

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. xbox games playable on windows 10

all games owned on xbox should be owned on windows 10 rather than being ripped off and having to rebuy again on the same account just different device

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox On Windows 10 PCs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the the game captures video player better and a better game DVR

why can't I rewind and fast forward my videos in the game captures section , I can only pause the video THATS IT ! so why cant I do that without going to the upload studio and do it from there ! please fix it , and also I want to mention that the game DVR need more enhancements too, and to make it better you only need to make it record more than 2 minutes for 1080, seriously 2 minutes is REALLY not enough it needs to be at least 15 minutes as a person who like to capture…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unlimited switches

You can Get as Many Switches you want

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Die hard movie franchies bring back to the gaming world

Game idea i would like to see the movie franchies "die hard" come back to the gaming world. Could you give me insite on weather they plan on making such a game?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox VR with Konect

If you guys would repurpose the Kenect, I think you would dominate VR. Other VR headsets require you to hold a controller of some kind. You wouldn't need one with Konect. All you would have to do is come up with a pair of gloves so you can "feel" whatever you touch in game.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GTA IV Clip Audio

When recording clips from Grand Theft Auto IV, no audio is present. In other words, complete and utter silence. I believe this should be fixed as soon as possible, as I would like to capture specific moments from the game! Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We need an exexlusive for with FROMSOFTWARE (RBG game)

Xbox is weak on the exclusivity of RBG games; it would be great if they made a deal with FROMSOFTWARE to develop a new IP for xbox just like SONY did with bloodborn; and the only game of this kind that xbox is planning to release is ASHEN which looks promising but not enough.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Virtua Striker 2

Please negotiate this game with SEGA. It's a classic from arcade soccer :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove unfounded chat ban

I have recently aquired an unfounded chat ban. Chat bans should be reviewed by someone appointed by xbox/microsoft to come up with undisputed evidence that a policy infraction has occured before a ban is enforced.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accounts & Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New keyboard

Make the keyboard a small box that you can move around the screen and make as transparent as you like, also allow for jumping a few keys at a time by pressing a button, also make it compatible with the dpad touch interface

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base