~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What was that ?

Notifications have the same sound; either when you're signing in/out, messages, party invites, game/app installed and other. I think it would be nice to set a certain sound to a notification so if you're away from your xbox but hear the notification, you know if it;s a message or a game download. I did also think about different coloured notifications but I think a sound change would be more effective. Also I am partially sighted and this would help me as I have to go closer to the notification to read what it is. Thanks for any comments :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. (Re)Move "Add New Content" Content Block

This applies to the Latest Xbox One Update Preview:

I'd suggest removing the "Add New Content" content block from the user's home screen, even though it sits at the very bottom of the content list. The point of the UI customization is to set it the way you like, and not being able to remove this item gets in the way of that.

I'd suggest moving it to the content block options menu (that is entered by pressing Y in the home screen, and a user can rearrange/delete content blocks), where it can safely be accessed without forcing itself into…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a reply button and a dislike button on feeds

In feeds people are simply putting messages but no one can actually respond to one another making the conversations between one another seem unorganized and makes a simple discussion impossible unless you message that person directly.

A dislike button also needs to be added as just a simple method of criticism, but the main feature we need in feeds is a reply button so people can actually conversate with each other about either a game they like or don't like.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back WWE 13 Avatar items or have a WWE Avatar section

WWE 13 had the best Avatar items please bring that back

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Avatars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add multiple sets of Pins

The Pins feature is a great, however it could be expanded to better cater to power users. Currently I have one big list that all Pins go into, however it'd be great to have multiple lists.
    For example, I'd have lists such as "New & never played", "Couch Co-op", "Play next", "Achievement Hunting", "Video apps" etc.

I'd suggest that user experience would be: Add to Pins, then if there are multiple lists, select which list to add to. This would allow casual users to keep the one list of Pins with minimal fuss/change, but power users could add chosen Pins…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the Home Experience

After purchasing an Xbox One X, I was impressed by the build quality and the horsepower, but was incredibly disappointed once I saw the home UI. With it being a premium product, I did not expect to see the UI scaled down to 1080p, advertisements plastered throughout, and forced content (Mixer, Community, and Entertainment tabs).

Please provide us, consumers of premium Xbox hardware and Xbox Live Gold services, the option to:

1) Set our UI to 4K
    2) Remove advertisements from our home screen
    3) Remove tabs for content that we do not have an interest in

There is an…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keep AA batteries for the controller

While many people believe a built-in battery for the controller is a better option, the reality says otherwise. As someone that values the long-term use of my devices, I understand that putting a non-removable battery pack into a device essentially gives it an expiration date. I love being able to stay wireless 100% of the time by swapping batteries instead of having to plug in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Hardware & Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. lan

Ability to set LAN / WIFI preference (Which the xbox prefers)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Find and existing idea

I think we should get on a sever without any problems or friend!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clubs & LFG  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox elite extended warranty

Xbox Elite controllers require a further extended warranty, especially due to hardware faults regarding the paddle usage. This issue has arose on my last 2 controllers with the paddles not working after a period of time in which microsoft refuse to do anything due to the warranty. overall the elite is an expensive and unusable controller after a period of usage

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Hardware & Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. buy ubisoft or activision

spend that cash to grow that platform

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox On Windows 10 PCs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Co-op horror game

A co-op horror game; A horror game played by two people on the same xbox.

For many years I have been anticipating the moment that microsoft makes a co-op horror game. I know that many people enjoy the scare by themselves-But isn't it even MORE fun to enjoy it with someone else? Now sure, its a lot harder to create such a detailed game compatible for two players, but think of the amount of people that would enjoy this. No one likes having to take turns when you die in "Friday the 13th" or "Hello Neighbor". It just ruins that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Actually review what someone is reported for and not just take away their access

I have just received a notification that I will lose my XBL privileges for one day because of someone reporting my profile to have an inappropriate "gamerpic"'. This is ridiculous that this has happened because there is nothing inapporiate about anything on my profile. It was a picture of the Anonymous Mask/Guy Fawkes. Last I checked that is not a copyrighted image, nor anything negative... its a MASK people. All I ask is that you people actually review your compliants and not revoke someone who has spent their hard earned money to relax and use your devices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accounts & Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Co-op crossplatforming

It would be great to take crossplatforming to the next level and make it possible for us to play games playable in
    co-op with crossplatforming, basically to make an xbox one user able to play with a ps4 user in the campaign co-op in games..for example farcry 4 or the new farcry 5

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Parties & Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. who in the *** right mind would sign for this shiitty *** roach piece of *** known as a "xbox one dashboard update" *** seriously!

I'm wondering how come in god blazes is the "dash" board update for the Xbox one supposed to be easier for preview members seriously i have to press the Xbox one guide button and twice on my d-pad and if i wanted to send a message i have to *** go to *** communications then *** scroll down to conversations who in the right *** mind would *** make this *** a whole god damn worse i mean seriously system isn't easier than the one from fall last year its getting more and more *** *** every god damn ***…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Darken subtitles in HDR movies

Subtitles in HDR movies on netflix or amazon prime are way too bright.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a reply button and a dislike button on feeds

In feeds people are simply putting messages but no one can actually respond to one another making the conversations between one another seem unorganized and makes a simple discussion impossible unless you message that person directly.

A dislike button also needs to be added as just a simple method of criticism, but the main feature we need in feeds is a reply button so people can actually conversate with each other about either a game they like or don't like.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Play games and watch movies at same time in multiple Xbox one systems in same household.

Watch movies on multiple Xbox one systems in the same household/network using same Xbox account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accounts & Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A gifting system that actually works

Am I the only one wondering why the Gifting feature for the Xbox store apparently ONLY WORKS for user's in the same country?

It's so stupid! I purchased a digital copy of Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition as a gift for my friend. He tells me that he can't redeem it because he lives in Canada and I live in the UK. So I had to go through an over 30 minute long chat with an Xbox Support staff to try and fix this and get my friend the game I paid money for!

We couldn't fix it. The only thing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base