Buying Banned Accounts Back.
Buying Back Banned Accounts for 2018
Rancid Jax v2 commented
I think its a good idea since the enforcement team is a joke.. people get banned for nothing do its not a reliable construction..
I was banned till 9999 for modding my avatar... u serious..??!!
But im willing to pay for my banned gamertag..
Just give the option to buy it back 1 time.. after that no more 2nd chances
• Reasons why I think letting violators, abusers and hackers buy back there perma banned account to be a completely insane idea.
2. Will encourage a mountain of abuse by first time violators as they can get away anyways with any punishment since they can pay back to get their banned account.
3. Will make reform violators that move on with a new account to feel they have been rip off big time by Microsoft in making a new account and re-purchase items they have lost years ago.
4. Will weaken the moral and conviction of the entire Enforcement team that false banning of customers actually happens without due care and deep investigations and all the hard work they have done will be disregarded and what more future perma banning of accounts will be doubted or seen as fraud for MS to reek more money to a customer.
5. Will only make Microsoft look like money hungry and will lose face that this company has no integrity to enforce there own laws if violators can just bypass any rules of MS with money.
6. It will disgust honest XBL community members that have kept themselves behave and play according to the rules of ToS and CoC for years and they themselves reported violators only to realize in horror that violators can get back to the community as if nothing happen as Area5151 loves so much to claim.
7. And last but not least Sony and Nintendo will definitely troll MS with its weak policy against abusive gamers and siding with trolls that have money.
MS if your reading this, don't allow this dangerous idea to happen to your millions of honest customers including me with my real GT that has religiously follow your ToC and CoC and keep the community fun and safe for years or we would all feel betrayed and I might abandon a company that has no balls to stand against there great ET that is doing the hardest job of keeping the XBL community safe and make the best online gaming experience ever then any of the two other Asian console can offer.
No. Grow up and move on
In addition to what I just stated, perhaps vary the buy back cost with the tenure of the account/money spent on the account weighed against the seriousness of offense/offenses. E.g. Serious Offenses would cost more to buy back and maybe have more stipulations on the account so people would take it seriously, and understand that if they break infractions X Y and Z that they lose the account for good, with no chance of a buyback.
Dear Microsoft, Please make a way for people to re-purchase their banned gamertag back, as long as the account wasn't involved in modding/hacking/defrauding or stealing from MS/XboxLive. You would make a lot of money in short period of time for very little developmental effort on your part and would look like a Hero to a very large group of your player base that has been banned for something like too many communication bans in a one year period, or something that is not as serious as other offenses. The reason I ask you to consider this is 95% of the serious or diehard gamers who have been banned have gone out and repurchased accounts and consoles to make up for the lost ones. You Don't Really want them off your network, you just want to punish them and force them to re-buy everything. Let's be honest and transparent with people. You might be surprised with how people respond to honesty. That said, Microsoft, you would save so much face, and make A LOT of money in a very short period of time if you Offered accounts back for say $200.