Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Free gamertag change after a forced change

My gamer tag was force changed for violating T&C. My old tag was YOURholeSTINKS. Pretty mild compared to some I've seen, but I filed a case review and was denied. If that's how it is, so be it, but I should get a free gamertag change because I didn't choose the name SillyFawn450393. It's ridiculous. Anyone who's gamertag is force changed should get to change it free of charge.

3 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SillyFawn450393 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • XBLETmasterV36 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just because you have it for 10 years, doesn't mean the time it will be reported is not coming. No free change anymore sorry as that is already a policy for years.

Want to change? You have to pay a fee and this goes for everybody that have a GT for 10 hours or 10 years and if found it violated the rules, it will be force change.

• XBLETmasterV36 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just because you have it for 10 years, doesn't mean the time it will be reported is not coming. No free change anymore sorry as that is already a police for years. Want to change you have to pay a fee and this goes for everybody that have a GT for 10 hours or 10 years and if found it violated the rules, it will be force change.

• SillyFawn450393 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get that, but first offenders shouldn't be treated so harshly. I had that tag for nearly ten years, never been banned for anything, not even a soft ban. So maybe free the first time, then charge them if their change is still inappropriate.

• DONNIEOCHOUNOV1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they was doing that a long time ago. but players abuse it your old tag broke the code of conduct and terms and service your tag is bad here is why you cant have bad language in it because ms is a family friendly and kid friendly pg era

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base