Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Xbox One X NEEDS to include a free Kinect adapter.

After supporting the failed Kinect for years, it's upsetting to see that it's being discontinued. At the very least Microsoft should send a free adapter to "Xbox one x" customers who continue to use their old Kinect peripherals. Microsoft has done this already for customers who bought the "one s" this console should be no different. We should not have to spend another 40 dollars for supporting Microsoft's mistakes..

300 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hilltop Heating shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Armoured Reap3r commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Um it was free..that is a you problem if you never picked it up. When they S came without a port I kinda figured further models wouldn't..sorry but I can't vote for something that isn't really a MS issue.

• blackbush16 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised when I went to set up my One X and discovered that there was no Kinect port. We use Kinect regularly for everything from volume control to changing channels to simply "Watch TV" so you don't have to turn a controller on or use smart glass. Definitely a First World problem, but we also have several Kinect games that are now useless, since you either A) Can't find the $40 adapter through Microsoft or B) Have to pay $80 or more for it from an online re-marketer. It's unfortunate I fell for the "100% Backward Compatible" marketing without reading the fine print. I feel misled, and quite frankly a little let down. Not the end of the world, but if not outright FALSE advertising, it is definitely MISLEADING advertising. I've had a total of 9 Xboxes through the years, and I feel my loyalty being severely tested this time around.

• RavenCore 13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using my Kinect 2.0 since I first purchased the Xbox one, it was great for recording clips, navigating around your Xbox profile and doing intros for the Battlefield music montages I create. Now I have the Xbox One X, there's no port for it! I'm disappointed that Microsoft didn't even bother giving you an option to get the adaptor. A multi billion dollar company like Microsoft and they can't even do right by the people that got them there in the first place smh

• Los Cassidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep I could do with one as I used it for chat and the camera to stream when doing charity events. Everything works with Xbox one x bar ........

• Death2Unicorns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea it's a damn joke you have to buy an adapter when initially they said it would work. Come to find out it doesn't come with the console. Get real microsoft

• DaveM8686 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They've recently updated the website to now say that Kinect needs an adaptor, instead of saying it will just work. This is an acknowledgement of guilt. I spoke to Consumer Affairs in Australia, who advised that they were absolutely in breach of false advertising, but I now need to lodge a formal complaint at VCAT which will cost me basically the price of the adaptor and also will be hard to get Microsoft to even attend that.

• SFAL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now have a Kinect 2.0 sitting with my One (that was replaced with a One X) that I can't hook up (to the One X). I would sure like an adapter, but I don't feel like cobbling an adapter together for power and signal, nor paying whatever crazy prices those who hoarded them want. There are abandonment issues here Xbox people! :( *sad*

• broooozer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an Xbox One S. an Xbox One X, 2 Xbox One Kinects, and zero adapters. This is absolutely horrible that Microsoft has done this to their customers. I have been a Microsoft customer for over 20 years. I am disgusted.

• Aquilasteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Cortana in New Zealand is not available, can't understand Kiwi accent. So no voice commands that way, too slow any way. Kinect needs an adapter now, not available, still no voice commands. Is there a USB mic to mimic the kinect mic, no! Can the OS be updated to let local commands through the headset mic, yes easily! Swizz, feeling let down after 11years of Gold membership Microsoft.

• Darkhawk Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With how expensive the console is, I don't think $40 would be asking too much. Would it fit in the box, though? :)

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft stopped making Kinect today. Sadly think we’ll have to pony up as that is the official end of the, caring

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base