Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Kinect Adapter for Xbox One X (Free)

Just like Microsoft did for the launch of the Xbox One S, for those of us who want to run both and Xbox One X and an Xbox One S at the same time and enjoy using the Kinect, we will still require an adapter. Also for the people upgrading from the original Xbox One that want to use the Kinect will also require this adapter. People like me who use the Kinect and own multiple consoles should have the ability to get another Kinect sensor for the launch of the Xbox One X! Thanks Mircrosoft!

303 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

APANNUNZAPANNUNZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • robinwilson16robinwilson16 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really good.

Also for people who do not already have a Kinect it would be good if they could make a revised one that does not require so many cables and boxes to work. It's already enough of a mess under the TV!

• TitanFeller FTWTitanFeller FTW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous that the Kinect was required hardware when I purchased my Xbox One and Microsoft isn't going to include an adapter? I get so tired of Microsoft dumping support of it's products

• krivelioskrivelios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am interested in an adapter. I have pre ordered the scorpio edition and to my disapiontment i need this adapter. But the price on the market is abusive. I use kinect and play kinect games. what will MS do about this?

• Madman MRBMadman MRB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is terribly disappointing. We use Kinect EVERY DAY. We paid for one when we bought the Day-One console and a 2nd one as an add-on for the 2nd Xbox we bought for the office. If somebody requests an adapter they have a Kinect that they won't be able to use with the X, so where's the harm in offering one for free to those who already have consoles?

• ThndrFrmDnUndr2ThndrFrmDnUndr2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this should be for free for past xbox one users. I got the day one edition xbox one. At the time the kinect was included and seemed to be required. I enjoy using the kinect for voice commands and I want to continue to use them but its hard to justify buying a $40 adapter to use a product that was included from the beginning. Please consider extending the free adapters to original xbox one users upgrading to the one x.

• MHA MengMHA Meng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope they announce that the adapter will be free when upgrading from Xbox one to Xbox one x.

People who upgraded from Xbox one to Xbox one s got it free. The most powerful console to date should get the adapter free too. Please Xbox send us our free adapters

Thank you

• MisterMagikMisterMagik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to happen! Quite ridiculous that I paid 500 euros for an original Xbox One a few years ago and now when I buy the new Xbox One X for another 500 euros I have to pay 40 more euros to keep using my Kinect!

• John YaegerJohn Yaeger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to say, I am extremely upset that those who upgraded to the less powerful Xbox One S being able to get free kinect adapters and those of us who waited and saved up for an Xbox One X (and even pre-ordered the Scorpio edition!) are not being given the same courtesy and treatment for the new device. My wife absolutely loves the Kinect and uses it all the time to navigate through TV channels, turn the TV on and off, etc. By making all who purchase the X1X shell out another $100 for a new kinect plus another $40 for an adapter to allow the kinect to work, it seems pretty outrageous and things are getting pretty pricey. I am particularly upset because I purchased a new kinect yesterday in preparation for the launch assuming that Microsoft would have the same promotion for the adapter that they had for the Xbox One S and now I am hearing today that I need to shell out another $40 just to make it work. I am seriously considering canceling the entire purchase, skipping the Scorpio and spending my money on upgrading to a PS4 Pro instead.

I could spend $400 on a PS4 Pro and use my PSVR without having to purchase an adapter for the device or I can spend $640 for an Xbox One X + Kinect + adapter. I'm a big Microsoft fan and jumped on the Microsoft bandwagon with the launch of the original Xbox, but that $240 difference is pretty steep. You could almost purchase a Nintendo Switch for that difference. If Microsoft doesn't reverse course on this adapter issue, I seriously am going to have to rethink things here. :(

• TenshiNoShiTenshiNoShi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought the Xbox One at launch, the Elite Controller at launch and I plan on buying the Xbox One X at launch... that’s $1150 I’ve spent in this generation of products. The least you could do is throw in a $40 adapter that I am certain didn’t cost the company more that $2 per unit to actually manufacture.

• PleaseDontKillPleaseDontKill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make it free. This is my third Xbox one I will be purchasing and would like to continue playing games like Fantasia.

• DexcellDexcell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m very disheartened to learn that you won’t be including the adapter with the console. I’m already dropping a lot of money on the OneX. I got the Day One edition with the Kinect. I love it. It’s really handy. I shouldn’t really have to fork out more money on an adapter that was included for free to people upgrading to the S model. Please make it free again Microsoft. Even if it was just for over the holiday season.

• x EuphI xx EuphI x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft have to restart the campaign from One S.
    I bought XBOX One Day One Edition (500€) and after Project Scorpio was announced i wanted to wait for it. Now i have to pay extra for getting Scorpio Edition for 500€ again.

Also the Kinect Adapter is almost not available in Germany, even if i want to buy it, it's hard to get it under 50-60€.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base