Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Make a Schedule of Xbox One Updates like Windows 10 (Only 2 or 4 Updates Per Year)

What the heck is Wrong with you people ??? Everytime i turn on my Xbox One a new Update is waiting for me. I play my console on Weekends. So everytime i need to play some games there is a so called Prompt waiting for me - "It's time to Update". It is very annoying; its like UPDATE NOW OR GO TO HELL.

So why don't you guys just make a Simple Update Schedule for Xbox One like you did with Windows 10 (2 Updates Per Year). Make a similar Schedule for Xbox One too. So everyone just knows about time when they need to Update.

Of Course you can Give Xbox 4 Updates Per Year like 1 in Every 3 Months ;-)

529 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LifelessSpice94LifelessSpice94 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • xII Kingz IIxxII Kingz IIx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't make sense if your someone who wants the latest features and abilities. That means updating more often to get those out to everyone.

• MalacathMalacath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should not get regular updates unless you are in the preview program.

You join the preview program just to get new features early then complain because you get regular updates.

The whole point of the program is to test new features for bugs. This requires regular updates.

Now if you don't want weekly updates then open the xbox insider hub and take your console out of the preview. If you don't have the insider hub installed then find it in the store.

• DTM DracoDTM Draco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as MS maintains the weekly updates for those who are part of the Xbox Insider program (I'm in the program). I particularly like the constant updates, I like to participate and witness the changes. I consider this an extra fun on the Xbox.

• JimGamezJimGamez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you!!! I hate this!!! Even better, why not make System Updates optional? Instead of "Skip & Stay Offline", just "Skip" and wait for the next one & stay online?

• Jayweb1212Jayweb1212 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That why they have an option to have your Xbox always in in a low power state. So it updates itself, as well as all of your games automatically.

• shadow of armanshadow of arman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There ARE only 2 or 4 MAJOR updates per year, what you mean is the small updates in between, those are for bug fixes and windows 10 is even like this, windows 10 gets updates every WEEK for security patches while Xbox gets one every month

• choppyseizechoppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a cool feature to have for die hard fans and curious types. Maybe something you could sign up for online if interested. Also they give us a detailed report of what the update did after the fact

• SimpleCRIPPLESimpleCRIPPLE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once I enabled auto updates, I never see an update screen anymore. They just happen while I'm sleeping. Do you not leave your Xbox in standby?

• Wolfie McGWolfie McG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I rather prefer having a bunchof small updates throughout the year rather than a few big ones.

• ArminatorXArminatorX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are "only" monthly updates on Xbox (just like on Windows 10 the monthly Patch Day). If you get updates every week, you actively decided to enroll your console into the Insider Preview Program.

If you want fewer updates, consider un-enrolling from the Insider Program, or setting your console to "Instant-On" mode so the console will update when it's turned off and you're not using it.

• BeastSniper915BeastSniper915 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey there! That would be great but then I feel like it wouldn't be a great idea because I want them to constantly fix bugs and glitches in the operating system and I enjoy seeing new things on the operating system but I do feel you there on the schedule man!

• F5 PenguinF5 Penguin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you should probably work on presenting your ideas in a more efficient manner. The idea of prompting for updates is a good one, which is what we already have. But you also have the ability to put your console on "Auto-update" which will have you never encounter the problem needing to update when you want to play. Windows 10 does not get 2 or 4 updates per year. The OS gets updated every Tuesday (dubbed, Patch Tuesday) and are usually done behind the scenes so you never notice it.

• ManOfOneManOfOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of the schedule but I would want them as often as they are done. Don't want to wait to wait a year because I already had two minor ones.

• xxPROBIExxxxPROBIExx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW they usually only add extra updates for new apps or as of now the Xbox 1 X os. If you set your settings to always on and check the boxes to keep updated you will likely get your updates after powering console off. The light will blink for an extended time. Other than that they post whenupdates are coming.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base