Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Add language selector to system preferences for apps and games which override the system ones

The idea is to add duplicated language preferences in system settings which would override the system ones for apps and games, and with no need to restart the system.

The games currently lacks of language selector, so they read the values (maybe region, language or both?) from the system for selecting the assets to load and other settings (like subtitles to show).

Well, it would be great if we could set these values in a way that only apps and games would read them, but not changing the system settings. As system settings requires to restart, and changes the dashboard language as well as the content we get from Xbox Live. Not good.

The settings are simple, put a value and the default one 'use global' or 'use system' like for not overriding the system values.

So, if we want to play a game with other language settings, we could change these values with no need to restart and launch the game or app (if resumed we probably would need to close the app/game in first place).

And OK, this as "step 1", the mandatory one. A "step 2" could involve settings these parameters by app or game individually, in its own settings (its management screen, the same one we use to delete it).
This one would override the values of "step 1", the ones defined at preferences as overriding values. So we could define our library as wanted for each game. With the same values, the 'global' or 'system' one for not overriding, or a new overriding one.

186 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DarkSch666 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CharmedCello823 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

End your financial worries now: I can smile that God-fearing man, who had secured $ 76,000 Usd and two of my colleagues have also received loans from this man, without any difficulty. I advise you not to choose the wrong person, you will definitely apply for a cash loan for your project and each other. I wrote this post, because Mr. Favour Henry, made me feel blessed their loans. It’s through a friend that I met this honest and generous God fearing man who helped me get this fund to pay for the loan of your life, you need financial help, you’re stuck, do not have access to bank credit, or not in favor of the bank to finance your construction, real estate development, the development of your business your own business, you must have seen and earn money, bad credit or need money to pay bills or debts. Therefore, we recommend that you go there, please contact and meet with you for the services you ask for it. Contact address: MRFAVOURINVESTMENT@GMAIL.COM and MRFAVOURINVESTMENT@OUTLOOK.COM

• Puppy Fujo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go to settings consul language, Suijin and select English is your language English, UAE for language region. then your location as uae, and then I'm in port put both of them in english united states. That should fix all of your problems.

• Shumayal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea.

One major problem related to this is the Battlefield 1 game. I live in the UAE and hence my Xbox Region.

My Battlefield 1 game starts in Arabic by default and with no way to change the language (not in game nor in xbox)!

The only way this can be fixed is by changing my region to UK or US (english speaking country) as suggested by reps themselves.

This works but this is horrid and my experience becomes bad.

Also the Kinect voice commands and Cortana don't work in UAE region as well.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base