Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Closed Suggestion - Report A Problem

Your post has been moved because it detailed a bug, crash, or other instance of your experience not behaving as expected. Our Xbox Insider Program allows Xbox users to provide feedback on all aspects of Xbox and gives users early access to system updates, games and apps, and more.

Once you have joined the Xbox Insider Program by downloading the app from the Store on your Xbox One console, you'll be able to use the “Report a problem” tool to send Team Xbox data about unexpected console experiences along with a description and more details. Your feedback will help us continue to improve the Xbox experience!

You can learn more about the Xbox Insider Program here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-program

You can learn how to install the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox console here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub

193 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nussy Snake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using a VIZIO television and a Sony 5.1 Surround Sound and I'm having the same issue. I just use my TV speakers or a headset while playing because I cannot stand the sound delay. How sad!

• IHRTCHU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

y.e.s, f.u.c.k.i.n.g f.i.x t.h.i.s f.u.c.k.i.n.g G.A.R.B.A.G.E!!!!!! I C.A.N'T E.V.E.N S.U.R.F T.H.E G.O.D.D.A.M.N X.B.O.X W.E.B.S.I.T.E W.I.T.H T.H.I.S F.U.C.K.I.N.G H.O.R.S.E.S.H.I.T G.A.R.B.A.G.E B.R.O.W.S.E.R!!!!!!!!

• stikol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Johny, I experienced the same issue. Edge goes back to the Menu after 4-6 min. I am not able to stream the videos any more. Xbox team please fix the issue.

• JOHHNNYHOPPKINS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before the new update, I was able to stream videos via the Edge app.... Now I cannot. Crashes 4-6 minutes into the stream.

Please resolve this issue

• C4ptnSp4ceD4wg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same lag problem with my VIZIO TV/Sound bar setup. Horrible unplayable audio lag when I try and send HDMI surround sound. They need to fix this!

• twoNICKSoneCUP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sonos doesn't play DTS so you need to stream Bitstream/DD to get the Surround Sound to work...unfortunately that's where the audio lag occurs.

If I plug the optical cable directly from the Xbox to the Playbar everything works properly. Seems like it only occurs when passing Bitstream/DD through HDMI.

• WormholeXtreme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sending DTS from my Xbox One S boxes over the ARC. I'm not seeing a problem here. Is it just an issue with DD?

• twoNICKSoneCUP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the SAME exact issue with my Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound.

My current setup is XB1S > HDMI > TV > Optical > Sonos Playbar.

When I choose Bitstream/DD it sounds AWESOME (DD 5.1) but the audio is delayed and not syncing up with the picture.

When I choose Uncompressed 5.1 it sounds weak (Stereo) but the lip sync is perfect.

When will this be fixed?

• Nobler1050 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with my setup.

Vizio M70-C3 2015 model that supports Dolby Digital passthru
    Vizio S3821w-C0 which only supports Dolby Digital and not DTS
    Xbox One S

When soundbar is connected to TV via optical and TV is connected to Xbox via HDMI I have to set the Xbox to stereo for the sound to be synced. As soon as I set it to Dolby Digital and bitstream on the HDMI port it creates a 1-2 second lag of audio however my soundbar does detect the dolby digital signal.

When the soundbar is connected directly to the Xbox One S via optical I can configure it to use Dolby Digital and bitstream without any lag. This is great for any content being streamed from the Xbox. The major draw back here are using any HDMI ports on the TV or using any applications from my TV there is no sound because soundbar because its connected directly to the Xbox.

Anybody using HDMI passthru without any audio lag?

• H0B0 Shanker99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not fixed yet? Even in the new Xbox one s it's not fixed. How can I enjoy a 4K Blu Ray with the sound being off. The only way to fix this is to switch to DTS but then my headphones will not work. Very inconvenient. Maybe allow the HDMI bitstream to have a different setting than the optical bitstream. Then we could have the hdmi use the lagless format DTS while any other device like my 5.1 wireless headphones take Dolby digital (it can't accept DTS)
    Very annoying for a "Do everything" box.

• carseclass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I when I try to post a New idea on this website on my Xbox one web browser it has a bug that is frustrated when I try to type it erases a few words then the cursor comes at the same time when I trying to search for a certain subject or making a title to a new idea it seems to be on this website and it's slow on Bethesda games websites when I try to go to bing to search for a web sight it is okay and it crashes on me sometimes that me great to fix these problems. and I voting.

• jcoelho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here, I have a Sony TV and bought a Sony sound bar a couple of days ago, noticed the audio lag immediately but can't find any solution.

• Ch4oTiC 4n4rChY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And fix the damn crashing. Crashes every 30 - 60 minutes when watching videos. No errors. Just goes straight to the dashboard. Or freezes.

• GingerBlackHair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm finding that when my Xbox One's audio is set to pass Dolby Digital 5.1 to my TV over HDMI, a noticeable lag is introduced. The sound comes through around 0.3ish seconds late. It may not seem like much, but it's enough to be very annoying.

I have found this to be the case on both a Samsung and an LG TV. Both of these TVs accept Dolby Digital over HDMI from my Xbox 360 and from my Sky Q satellite box with absolutely no lag. This leads me to believe it is a bug in the Xbox One.

If I plug a sound bar directly into my Xbox One with an optical cable, the Dolby Digital sound is perfect. It seems I only get an issue when the Dolby Digital audio is sent over the HDMI cable to my TV. I get this lag in this configuration regardless of whether I play audio through my TV's speakers or if I plug a soundbar into the optical output on my TV and play through that.

I'm using a Sonos PlayBar, and I'd like to have it plugged into my TV so that I can use it with all of the devices connected to my TV. Right now I've just set the Xbox One to output uncompressed stereo over HDMI, which has no lag, but fixing the laggy Dolby Digital 5.1 output over HDMI would be much appreciated!

• XZero005 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have some issues with *** navegator 1. could write in the navegator keyboard.. but I can highlight the windows (In econonomic shutdown option) 2. My controller its unable to return to dashboard (no popup menu) the keyboard its freeze 3. The frecuencies closes in the application please Microsoft fix this ***!

• Isaiah12Ruffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Edge is the WORST browser ever because of it bugs and glitches and annoying ads! Microsoft! You lied to us! You told us that Microsoft Edge Beta was finished but it looks like it not! Microsoft Edge is a huge failure and I really want it fixed! The keyboard in Microsoft Edge has a poor function. Plus, there are ads! I don't like ads but there too many ads! Microsoft Edge doesn't close tabs when you quit. I not happy, Microsoft.

FIX MICROSOFT EDGE!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base