Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Phillips Hue

I would really like to see an integration between Xbox and Phillips Hue to give you a full immersive experience playing games and watching movies / TV.

257 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Blu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DeAdWhAcKeR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IoT is booming this year....A deeper partnership with Phillips for Hue and the like would be innovative, add more value to the Xbox (and Windows) platform, getting the integration availability is the first step and then developing and SDK for game developers is next, but listen Microsoft if you can announce this integration at E3 this year with Halo 6 bringing in the experience, you are going to receive mucho, mucho revenue and Phillips is going to get a nice bump too! They are already lined up with Razer, but better get mooooovin' before Sony locks up a deal and steals the thunder, don't let them, be the innovator here! Its time for Low-tech Illumiroom for the masses!

• sUBzERO vOv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Razer did it. Full Hue Support. Xbox has the code in Charriot since 2015 but hey, better make 1000 useless features but no hue Support for the OS. So bad.

• l EVENT l commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so great. Fully immersive. Lights flickering during hard moments.

• Ajv2809 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can’t stress how much good this would be for both brands. Code the API into the OS for games and video content and you’ll have a massive selling point for both. Please make this happen!

• Darkstar Kinge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Philips have already announced apps for both Win10 and MacOS to leverage the new Hue Entertainment API. Maybe if the Windows app was UWP we'd be in business.

• MattAdamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted for this in a second, would be great to get the Xbox One working with the new Hue Entertainment API

• Spawn3232 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the new Philips Hue Entertainment API rolled out January 7, this is easier than ever.

Please make it happen MS :)

• RyuOn360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just buy a Ambilight tv as that basically does what you all want.

I wanted the same, & when I felt the need to upgrade to a 4K TV (Xbox One X) a Philips Ambilight tv was a must so could do this, along with a Hue Bridge (v2) & several Hue led strips.

Don’t get me wrong it would be fantastic if the Xbox could connect to a Hue Bridge & do loads of stuff for tv & gaming.

But I can’t see anything Hue Entertainment could bring been as integral as a Abilight Tv.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base