Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

remove beam

I have no interest in being a broadcaster or watching others. waste of space for me

608 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BOOKER B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • chaos5101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that this is an inconvenience for you, But apps do not take up much space. Just because you do not have interest in being a broadcaster does not mean no one else does, Like myself. I broadcast from time to time. Its a fun thing to do which lets me have fun with my friends, sharing my time in my games with them. I would hate to see it removed from xbox.

• SaviorMoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like what Shinjuki said. Make Mixer more interesting with weekly video game shows like G4 had with Xplay, where they rate the games and the developers talk about them and things like that.

• theman72HG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not happening there should be options to hide it in your case but removing Mixer will never happen

• The Super Grim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But the people who use it outweight the ones who cry about it. how about a choice to hide or delete it. But not remove it, as it's way better than twitch.

• Shinjuki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically an extra bumper bump to avoid a panel is far too much of an inconvenience for you?

I personally love beam for its central hub for anything live video game wise I want to watch. It makes sense on console, even if I don't watch it, I see it's merit.

I'd personally like if they did some legit show with like Xplay people coming back to have a real social, like legit, a blockbuster week/daily experience on Xbox One, bring the entire social gaming stuff together, with professional finesse.

• Acurate Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whilst I agree that you should be able to pick and choose what is installed on your computer's. You should realise that Mixer itself is smaller than some save game data and really makes no difference to storage space. Plus it's a really easy to use streaming service that you need to use to watch the streams as much as stream yourself. Grab some popcorn and watch somebody play PUBG or make a horror night if Outlast...

• N2L Snipes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'd like the option to remove mixer aswell as a few other apps that have been forced onto my console. If i had wanted them to be taking up space i would have installed them myself..

• Ceegii63 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah Microsoft is gonna remove a Service for the Media Creation and Consumption Market because some people dont use it

• NiCkDee24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let me see if i'm understanding this correctly. You want it removed altogether because YOU personally don't use it? Then don't use it? lol it's that simple. It's now called Mixer and it's actually not a bad service. It's underrated.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base