Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

remove beam

I have no interest in being a broadcaster or watching others. waste of space for me

173 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BOOKER B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ceegii63 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah Microsoft is gonna remove a Service for the Media Creation and Consumption Market because some people dont use it

• NiCkDee24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let me see if i'm understanding this correctly. You want it removed altogether because YOU personally don't use it? Then don't use it? lol it's that simple. It's now called Mixer and it's actually not a bad service. It's underrated.

• Darkhawk Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beam is an excellent service to complete the social aspect of Xbox. It is there if you want it. But it is on its own tab, so if you don't want to use it, just ignore the Beam tab completely.

• CaveCrew07 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to be able to Uninstall Beam, & Cortana. I won't use them ever and space is already low on my Xbox one. Please help me out

• Defeacer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft give us a choice of uninstall these stupids apps . beam, cortana, file explorer, help, welcome. All Useless for many people.

• pavalaguna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears Microsoft is treating us as their serfs since they refuse to provide even the courtesy of a reply to our requests for beam removal. I don't want beam and I really don't appreciate it be forced on us.

If Microsoft treats us this way, then we should be provided with a full refund of our purchase price for X Box One.

• chimphowdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS needs to provide an uninstaller for their upgrade at gunpoint content.
    I don't use this now, I won't use this ever, it's clutter, and it's potentially an invasion of my privacy.

Those who are asking for it to be removed are not installing it or clicking on it because it's already embedded directly into the XBox One OS X v. 10.0.x and there is no removal option Duh!

• Pineapplelucky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buzz & Salsa, thank you for adding absolutely NOTHING to this thread other than moronic comments demonstrating your complete and utter inability at reading comprehension. Good job.

• Pineapplelucky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty sad with forced apps on console that has limited HD space as is. MS could of at least had the courtesy of making it optional. Ive used Twitch since 2009, well thanks a lot MS for going the way of Gates and forcing things on consumers. Talk about no vaseline!

• bmgottaski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why cant these apps be uninstalled, waste of space an if I cant remove Microsoft is taking up my HD space, how is that ok

• AJr Lachapelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beam does not work properly for my streaming needs ( I need to play Voice AND Game Sounds AND Videos, simulteanously), Beam can only handle the video portion of my needs in a streaming application. Twitch works properly and satisfies my needs for a streaming application WITH the added freedom of being able to terminate usage at my own convenience. Beam was forcefully included in the latest system update and DOES NOT allow me to remove it from my hard drive, much like a virus would occupy hard drive space uselessly (at least we can use an Antivirus Software to remove a virus). Contacting Beam support yields no results whatsoever.

When counting Beam "apparent" high "popularity, make sure to take in account the millions of xbox one users taken hostages by a forced installed faulty product disguised as a system update. If users were given any freedom of choice on the console THEY paid for (not Beam's, WE did PAY for OUR consoles... if not, where the heck is my check Beam?), these numbers would probably dwarfed severily.

Remove Beam from MY console. Or pay me for the hard drive usage since I can't take it back because of Beam.

• Jdizzman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove beam. It will improve/free up system resources and allow for great things moving forward.

• ChewyAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the "Day One" xbox purchasers, the ability of full Beam removal, full Beam HIDE (any/all menus) or full Twitch and alternative choice integration. I didn't ask for this level of integration, it's taking up valuable space and for me, and a complete waste of space. Also, I don't know if Beam is completely TURNED OFF, and as such, am GREATLY CONCERNED about any data accessing/leaking from this UNWANTED, FORCED app installation. PLEASE STOP FORCING NEW FEATURES DOWN OUR THROATS AND PUTTING THEM INTO UPDATES. Give us the option to SEPARATELY download "BUGFIXES" from "NEW FEATURES/REMOVALS".

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base